|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
• 345 m (1,132 ft)
As of the 2001 India census, Akot had a population of 80,796. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Akot has an average literacy rate of 70.8%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; 74.8% of the males and 66.6% of the females are literate. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Akot is a railway station on Kacheguda-Khandwa Meter Gauge Section of Hyderabad(HYB) Division of South Central Railway(SCR). After Divisional adjustments in 2003, which saw the bifurcation of Hyderabad Division, Akot now comes under Nanded(NED) Division of SCR. The section from Akola to Khandwa passing through Akot will be taken up for Gauge Conversion a little later.
Only one senior college is there for Arts, Commerce & Science.
1. Shri Shivaji Senior College, Daryapur Road.
1.Shri Bhausaheb Gangane Junior College Of Education, Near ST stand, Akot
1. Shri Shivaji Arts, Commerce & Science College,Akot
2. Boys Urdu Highschool & Junior College (For Science)
3. Smt.Laxmibai Gangane Junior College, Akot
3. Urdu Zilha Parishad Junior College (For Arts)
4. Akot Krishi Mahavidyalaya Akot (For Arts, Science & Commerce)
1. Narsingh Maharaj Temple - Very Old temple in Akot of Sant Narsingh Maharaj.
2. Narnala Fort - It is a historically famous Indian fort deep within the densely forested hills of the Melghat tiger reserve in the Satpura region. Narnala is a one hour walk from Shahanur, 24 km from Akot (Akola). There is a road from Akot via Popatkhed for vehicles. The Narnala fort & nearby area is affluent with numerous flora & fauna. The place has historic importance & attracts many people every year visiting for religious reasons, tourism & adventure sports. The forest area is also a part of Melghat Tiger Reserve.
3. Chikhaldara - It is a situated on hills of Melghat Tiger reserve in the Satpura region. It is around 107 km from Akot via Paratwada
4. Shri Wari Hanuman Temple & Shri Hanuman Sagar Dam is nearby place in adjacent forest lands(Telhara taluka). The place is famous for religious tourism & adventure sports.