|Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Martinsburg Shops|
|U.S. National Register of Historic Places|
|U.S. National Historic Landmark|
|Location:||300 East Martin Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia|
|Architect:||Albert Fink; Johann Niernsee|
|Added to NRHP:||July 31, 2003|
|Designated NHL:||July 31, 2003|
Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Martinsburg Shops is a historic industrial district in Martinsburg, West Virginia. It is significant both for its railroading architecture by Albert Fink and John Rudolph Niernsee and for its role in the Great Railroad Strike of 1877. It consists of three contributing buildings. The presence of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company in Martinsburg dates back to the late 1840s when the first engine and machine shops were erected for the expanding company.
When Virginia seceded from the Union in 1861, the region's social and government institutions were thrown in turmoil. The Civil War decimated both the region and Martinsburg, specifically because of the railroad yards.
In 1866, the B&O began reconstruction of the roundhouse and associated shops that stand on the site today, which were completed in 1872.
The facilities were used until the mid-1980s when all local operations were transferred to other locations and the complex remained vacant until restoration began in 1999.