Batangas State University,
ARASOF, Nasugbu Campus
The Official Seal of Batangas State University and Extensions including BSU-ARASOF
|Location||Nasugbu, Batangas, Philippines|
|Affiliations||Satellite Campus of Batangas State University, Batangas City|
The Batangas State University, ARASOF, Nasugbu Campus (Filipino: Pambansang Pamantasan ng Batangas-ARASOF, Kampus ng Nasugbu) is one of the two satellite campuses of Batangas State University, Batangas City alongside with JPLPC Campus of Malvar, Batangas. This 4.3 hectare land campus was donated by Don Antonio Roxas y Cia. It was founded on May 1952 in Nasugbu, Batangas and first served as one of the branches of the Philippine Institute of Fisheries Technology by the virtue of Republic Act No. 685 passed by Congress through the efforts of the late Congressman Apolinario R. Apacible and former Director of Fisheries, Dr. Deogracias Villadolid.
Below is the timeline of the History of Batangas State University, ARASOF, Nasugbu
Campus beginning from its foundation on 1957 and onwards.
1957-1971 On January 12, 1957, the institute, which was formerly under the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources, was transferred to the Department of Education directly under the General Office of the Bureau of Public Schools.
On June 10, 1957, the institute started offering secondary
fishery curriculum, and the name was changed to Batangas School of Fisheries. In 1963, the
school was transferred to the Bureau of Vocational Education under
the supervision of the Superintendent of Marikina School of Arts
and Trades in Marikina, then to Pablo Borbon School of
Arts and Trades in Batangas City, and lastly, Cavite School of Fisheries.
1972-1976 In 1972, the school became an independent fishery school under a school administrator who later on became the school's Superintendent. During the school year from 1974 to 1975, it started offering the Fishery Technical Education Curriculum leading to the Diploma in Fishery Technology.
In view of the urgent need for qualified fishery technologists in various phases of fishery industry, the four–year Fishery Technology curriculum leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (BSF) was approved by the Bureau of Vocational Education under the then Department of Education, Culture and Sports on October 7, 1974 and was offered starting the school year from 1975 to 1976.
On July 1, 1975, the school was transferred to the Ministry of
Education, Culture and Sports (MECS), Region IV. By virtue of
Presidential Decree 787 issued on August 20, 1975, the name of the
institution was changed to Apolinario R. Apacible School of
Fisheries in recognition of the congressman who sponsored the bill
1977-1993 In 1981, the school was transferred to the Department of Education, Culture and Sports under the Higher Education Regional Office, Region IV. In the same year, the school opened an elementary school unit starting with grade one. This unit serves as the pilot school for the integration of the three levels, elementary, secondary and tertiary, in a fishery school. It is known as Integrated Fisheries Elementary Unit of ARASOF.
1994-1999 On the school year from 1994 to 1995, the school offered Bachelor of Science in Fishery Education (BSFED). By virtue of Republic Act No. 7722 otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994”, the Apolinario R. Apacible School of Fisheries was placed under the Commission on Higher Education as a CHED Supervised Institution.
On July 5, 1996, the school was authorized to offer Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM) and Bachelor of Science in Food Technology (BSFT) courses effective starting from the collegiate year from 1996 to 1997 through CHED Order No. 42. s. 1996, by virtue of Resolution No. R117–96, s.1996.
The same authority was granted on September 11, 1997 through
CHED Order No. 46, s.1997, by virtue of resolution No. R288, s.1997
to offer the Bachelor of Secondary Education and Bachelor of
Elementary Education major in English, Mathematics and General
Science effective starting collegiate year from 1997 to 1998. The
following year, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and
Bachelor of Science in Information Management were offered.
2000 and onwards On February 25, 2000, the Board of Trustees of Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology passed Board Resolution No. 2, s. 2000 approving the official integration of ARASOF and two other schools pursuant to the provisions of RA 8292 otherwise known as the Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997 effective January 2000.
Subsequently, on March 24, 2000 through a referendum, the Board of Trustees of PBMIT approved the official name and address of this institution as Republic of the Philippines Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology Apolinario R. Apacible School of Fisheries Nasugbu, Batangas.
On March 22, 2001, by virtue of Republic Act No. 9045, the Batangas State University (mainly the Main Campus and including all the satellite and extension campuses) was created by integrating the Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology with all its branches, Jose P. Laurel Polytechnic College in Malvar, Apolinario R. Apacible School of Fisheries in Nasugbu and Polytechnic University of the Philippines in Sto. Tomas.
1. Graduate School
2. Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, College of (CAFF)
3. Informatics and Computing Sciences, College of (CICS)
4. Arts and Science, College of (CAS)
5. Accountancy, Business, Economics and International Hospitality Management, College of (CABEIHM)
6. Food and Industrial Technology, College of (CFIT)
7. Teacher Education, College of (CTE)
8. Maritime Transportation, Institute of (IMT)
9. Nursing, College of (CON)
10. School of Open Learning (SOL)