From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Birote is the administrative centre of Bakote Kalan Union Council in the east of Abbottabad District.
Birote is a town in the Circle Bakote area of Abbottabad District in Pakistan, between the borders of Punjab and Kashmir. It has two higher secondary schools for boys, five religious schools, 75 mosques, bank, a post office, Upper Dewal Kohala Road and New Kohala Bridge. It is part of Hazara Division.
There are several theories for the origin of the word Birote, all of which are based on combinations of words in the Dhondi language. One theory holds that it is derived from beer (wrestler) and wet (place); in the past, Birote was famous for wrestling and related sports. These eventually evolved to become Bi+rote or bee+rote. Another explanation is that Birote is a combination of bee (twenty) and rote(bread).
The total population of Birote is 23,000 as of the 1998 census. The main ethnic tribe of the area is Dhond Abbasi, Lahrals sub-tribes Khanals in Termuthin and Lahoor, Nakodrals in Kau and Bhan, Chingsal in Birote, Basian, Julial, Sulial, Huteri and Hotrool, Mojwals in Morha and Nakar Mojwal, The Dhond Abbasi tribe has been a feudal and ruling tribe in the area for five centuries. The founder of the Dhond tribe of Birote was Lahr Khan, who died in 1233 and is buried in Sunblanean, Termuthean.
Other tribal groups in the area include Alvi Awan, Syeds, Mughals, and Bhati Rajpoot. The Alvi Awan of Birote are Naik Mohammedal family of Birote and Taj Mohammedal, Seyeds, and Qureshies tribes are the religious and leading intellectual class. The Bati Rajputs, Mughals, Kathwals are working-class tribes.
Birote is surrounded by the areas of Bakote, Nathia Gali, Ayube Reala, and the Union Council of Dewal Sharif in Murree Tehsil. It is located on the banks of the Jhelum River. The highest place in Birote is the peak, called Samannat, of the Mukeshpuri mountain, located approximately 90 kilometres north of Islamabad. Mukeshpuri is 2800m / 9100 feet high and covered with pine trees. It is an attractive hiking place for tourists but, in winter, is extremely inhospitable due to constant snow cover. Manwan ni hell is the lowest place in Birote. It is located on the right bank of the Jhelum River,just next to Basian, at the provincial borders of the North-West Frontier Province, Punjab, and Azad Kashmir.
Birote has forty primary schools, and two higher secondary schools (one for boys and the other for girls). It also has a bank, a post office, and a telephone exchange of 30,000 lines.
There are two roads that link Birote to the rest of the country; the Kashmir Highway and the Upper Dewal Kohala Road, also known as Khaqan Abbasi Road. Other roads linked with Birote are Swar Gali Bakote Road, Basian Malkote Road and Basian Bakote Road, Choorean Lower Dewal Road, Termuthean Malkote Road, and the newly-built Termuthean Lower Dewal Road.
Bus service on the Rawalpindi-Srinagar Road started in the first decade of the 20th century. The first transporter was Mohammad Amin Khan, who later founded Allied Chiraghddin Transport Company. Srinagar Rawalpindi Transport Company was also pioneered on this route.
In 1961 the Ayub Khan administration as part its local government reforms replaced the lamberdari system with local bodies namely: Union Councils, Tehsil Councils, and district councils. As a result, the Union Council of Bakote was formed and included Bakote, Birote and Birote Khurd as its wards. According to the 1961 census the population of Bakote Union Council was 18,000 and Birote's was 10,000. In 1981, General Zia implemented a new regime and in 2000, President General Pervez Musharraf enforced a new local bodies system. The current nazim of Birote is Mohammed Afaq Abbasi.
Union Council Heads
- Sardar Mohammed Irfan was the first Union council Bakote Chairman from 1961 to 1965. He Was an influential person with a large crowd of bradrimen. He formed a committee for construction of Govt Middle School building in Merra Kahoo Sharqi. All Union Council said YES and the collect money for this noble cause from Peshawar to Karachi. Land for school gifted by Ayub Khan (Father of Mohammed Nawaz Khan Shopkeeper near School and building of school was completed within two month. District Agriculture Department sprayed and cooperated with local Apple growers and they produced world class GOLDEN AND KING AMRI APPLE on his demand Said department also constructed dams on nullas. He died in 1983 in Rawalpindi.
- Sardar Azad Khan of Basian was second chairman of Union Council Bakote/Birote. He elected in 1966 election and got vote of confidence from UC councillors. He also gained educational upgradation of Government Middle School Birote as High School in 1969. New classes were started in 1970. A shed was constructed in premise of school for technical education on his recommendations, that flew in 1972 by heavy wounds. He was a contractor and he started second bus service from Basian to Rawalpindi in 1977. He died in 1988 in Rawalpindi.
- Qazi Sajawal was the first and last Chairman of Union Council Birote Khurd during 1981 to 85. He belonged to Mojwal Family of Mohrha Birote Khurd. He constructed a way from Mohrha to Birote Kalan but the leader of construction party was assassinated there in 1984. He is engaged in business in Karachi.
- Ghulam Irfan Khan was second chairman of united Union Council possessed office from 1985 to1988 of Birote. He worked for electrification, water supply scheme and telephonic interaction during his tenure. He got funds from District Council and constructed Hotrerhi Choke to Mohrha road first time. Najib Abbasi of Julial, Shaheen Haider Abbasi of Basian and Abd-ul-Gafoor nickname Khushi Mohammed of Kahoo were his councillors. He died in 1992 in Birote.
- Tahir Fraz Abbasi was the first Nazim of Birote during President Musharraf's term in office. He belonged to Kahoo Khanal sub-tribe. His uncle Haji Sarfraz Khan was first Accountant General of Pakistan, Nasir Fraz Abbasi DRO (NADRA) Muzaffarabad is his elder brother. The people of Union Council Birote very like to him due to his lot of services and honesty and Rawalpindi MNA Hanif Abbasi is his cousin. He practicing as a lawyer in district courts Abbottabad. Politically he if a worker of ruling party Pakistan Muslim League (Q). He constructed Choorean to Khekhran, Hell to Hotrerhi Pull Link road, Chorean Juleal Road. He lost his seat in Birote in 2005 as Nazim but he played a very constructive role in Birote politics. Among others Gulestan Abbasi (Naieb Nazim), Khushi Mohammed, Shaheda Islam Abbasi and Shamim Akhter Abbasi were in his cabinet.
- Mohammed Afaq Abbasi is the second Nazim of Birote. He is worker of Ex-Chief Minister and vice president of Pakistan Muslim League (N) NWFP Mehtab Ahmed Khan and elected due to his Dhond Abbasi sub-tribe Kamalaal majority. he belongs to a learned and educated family of Musaddiq Abbasi, a brigadier of Pakistan Army and ex-lumberdar Sardar Feroze Khan (died 1972). He not only attended the house of UC Birote monthly meeting regularly but also is also spending lots of time with UC fellows to tackle the local problems. He served the UC by putting his all efforts to help the homeless peoples of the UC after the earthquake. He also acted a very constructive role in anti Didarism Movement in Birote in his last days of as UC Head in second half of 2009. he also dvorced his betterhalf and willing to marry a vergin lady who produce his son.
Basian role in Kashmir independence movement
Basian had become a base camp of Jihad e Kashmir after World War II and acted a positive and constructive role in Kashmir Indepance. Famous freedom fighter Sardar Yaqoob Khan emerged as bacon of light for Mujahedins against Dogra Raj in Kashmir. Some important events are as under: -
- 14 August 1947……..Juma tu widah (Muslim holy month Ramdan last Friday) prayers in Basian, and Yaqoob Khan emergency telegram to last Maharaja of Kashmir Hari Sing to quiet Srinagar.
- 30 August 1947…Sardar Qayoum declared as insurgent and ordered his arrest alive or dead, father in law Mir Akber Abbasi refused to any asylum to him and he crossed River Jhelum by the help of Qaem Ali Khan (Qaloo) at Nawli in Lower Birote.
- 12 September 1947…Sardar Qayoum general meeting held in Agency Ground Murree where Sardar Yaqoob Khan of Basin announced every kind of co-operation with Muslim Conference in Kashmir Independence movement.
- 22 September 1947………Mujahedins under the commandership of Yaqoob Khan first encounter with Dogra Army at Kohala Bridge and occupied Kohala Bazaar after one day struggle, 30 Dogra troops arrested by Mujahedins.
- 6 October 1947…A meeting of Mujahedins held at the residence of Sardar Yaqoob Khan where a Muslim Magistrate Sultan Maqsood announced for supply of ammunition to Mujahedins.
- 8 October 1947………An other meeting of Mujahedins and Sardar Qayuom held in the same place and finalized the attack plan over District Bagh. Molana Muzaffer Husain Nadvi, Pir Ali Asgher Shah, Shamshad Shah, Kabir Shah, Dullah Khan, Molana Yaqoob Alvi Birotvi, Sardar Yaqoob Khan, Haji Isb Khan and other people attended this meeting.
- 17 October 1947………Mujahedins attacked on the house of Gokal Chand at Helsurang, Minhasa leaded by Sardar Yaqoob Khan and Haji Isb Khan. A few troops killed. They also occupied Khwader Bridge on same day.
- 21 October 1947…Mujahedins attacked and accopid Muzafferabad city and killed five hundred Dogra troops.
- 9 November, 1947…Mujahedin occupied Rawlakote, forwarded to Tolipir, attacked on Dogra Army at Sahr, freed 24 hostages there.
- 11 December, 1947……..A dead line of attack on Srinager finalized in a secret meeting at Basian presided by Sardar Yaqoub Khan.
- April, 1948………Central Command and control Room established at residence at Lower Birote Roshan Khan residence.
- Mid May, 1948……..Dogra troops hostages caravan of Kashmiri refugees on Kohala Bridge. Sardar Yaqoub Khan kidnapped a Dogra Army Caption and hanged in center of bridge and set dead line to open bridge doors for 10 minutes against Campton life. Dogra Army fulfilled the demand immediately and five thousand refugees crossed bridge and intered in Bakote Circle and Murree Hills.
Kahoo is in between Birote and Termuthean, starting from Bandi in east to Nakkar Qutbal and Ram Kot in the west. Kahoo means Olive tree in local Dhondi/Kareali language. Sufi Gull Baba shrine is located in the eastern edge of Kahoo, near Ayubia forest. First lawyer from this area was Tahir Faraz Abbasi & the first Accountant General of Pakistan Mohammad Sarfraz Khan belonged to Kahoo.
Termuthian located on the boundary of NWFP, Punjab and Azad Kashmir. Termuthean means Thirty Hands Joined in local language. Former name of Termuthean was Sumbanean, where ancestor of Lahrals, sub tribe of Dhonds Sardar Lahr Khan buried.
- Some people are highly educated and work in the Middle East, Europe, USA, Australia and Canada.
In Terumuthia three primary schools.
- One middle school, a bank but not operated and canceled.
- The major sub-tribes of Dhond abbasi is Khanals and Nawabals,Lashkariyals. Others are Bukhari Sadat, Dhneayals, Gujars and Awans.
Basian is the end of Union Council Birote towards northern side of the Hazara Division. New Kohala Bridge, famous Pir Mohrhwi Built Knair Pull is setuated in northren end of Basian too. Basian is a famous place for centuries and populated from Vedic age. Historians as Seyed Mehmood Azad, M O Alvi, Noor Alahi Abbasi and Professor Karam Haideri in modern time and as Pundit Kelhan in past say that Basian is a place where forefather of Ratnal Dhond Abbasies first freed current Union Council Birote from Karhral and laid down foundation stone of Dhondi Civilization on the left bank of River Jhelum in 14th century. He established feudalism and awarded him as a sub feudal of Gakher Dynasty. Raja Haider Zaman Keani, a Gakher Historian of modern time with the reference of Mohammed Din Foaq that at that time Jesrat Khan was ruler of Kohsar and a younger son of Rattan Khan Malik Azam Khan killed in an invasion on Multan by Jesrat Khan. Rattan Khan Sateled in Central Basian and his dead body returned to Chaman Kote on his elder brother Chanden Khan. He buried with honor as an immortal guardian of Gakhers.
Tribes and communities
There are many tribe both as Dhond Abbasi or others living and participating in local politics, commerce and development of area. The main tribes are: -
- Mojwal, sub tribe of Dhond Abbasies are the major tribe, partly migrated to Union council Bakote in 17th century, when Karhral tribe exiled to eastward of Mokeshpuri Mountain in Gallies.
- Qureshi tribe is also existed in Basian with high religious and traditional academic qualification, including Islamic Scholars, Herbal Doctors (Hakeems), journalist, drama artists.
- A few houses of Salar Zai Jadoons are situated in Central Basian. Their ancestors came from Hawailian and first sateled in Kahu East and then in Basian. Their fore fathers engaged in religious duties, teachers in British rule and now businessman and government employees.
- Alvi Awan of Birote is Qutab Shahi Awan tribe of UC Birote. They came from Qummi Kote of Azad Kashmir before 150 years ago on the invitation of Kamlals, Abbasi tribe.
- Awans are also living in Basian and belonged to working class. Most of them are working as carpenters and mesons. Kisan Councilor Mohammed Irfan belonged to that tribe.
- Rajpoot and Kathwal tribe is in minority in this place. They are migrating to mega cities in country for better standers of life and business opportunities.
Kanair (كنير)is a nullah between Birote Kalan and Birote Khurd and running more than ten millennia. This nullah played a main role in the construction old Birote Society. Many families belonged to working class were living on the right edge of Kanair nullah. They were running water mills. A tribe called Rakheal(راخيال) or guards of Birote also lived there. Word Kanair is derived from the name of a botanical herbal plant used in Auo-vadic medicines .
Mohrh(موهره)a is a word means a small adjoining place of a town. Other words are used in this meanings are Hel. Mohrha is situated in central Birote Khurd that damaged by a large landslide beneath it.0.Sarwar Abbasi Naib .Nazim U/Cbirote also live in mohara.He also belong wel reputied business familly .he is also member of tehsil council abbottabad. On UC head Qazi Sajawal was elected as chairman in 1992. People of Mohrha largely businessmen and settled in Rawalpindi and Karachi.
There are two Nakkers in Birote Khurd, on is Qutbal and other is Mojwal. Nakker means a sharpest place in hilly areas.
This Nakker (نكرقطبال)i s placed at south west of UC Birote, UC Malkote is in south and Khanaspure Ayoubia in west. This Nakker is on the name of Qutab Khan, a son of Rattan Khan. The population of Nakker Qutbal is more than three thousands.most of these people have left and live in pirwadhai rawalpindi after the earthquake. Micronations as Dhond Abbasi and Satties, Awans and some Kethwals are living there with hospitality and harmony. A large forest Kandaran full of herbal plants and wild life is also there. Muslim saint Gull Baba passed his last day in this forest and buried there when he breathed last.famous trader in Karachi Imteaz abbasi jamil ahmed abbasi advocate and gul rehman abbasi famous political worker belonged to Qutbal sub-tribe of this Nakker. First water mill was constructed in Nakker Qutbal in fifteenth century at Jandran ni Dheri.
Moj Khan(موج خان )was an ancestor of the Mojwal sub-tribe of this Nakker, so the name is derived from this personality of old time. He was a feudal lord of time and possessed land from the peak of Mokeshpori to Kanair in east and west and from Lohwer Nulla to Hotrole Nullah as south and north. More than two thousand descendants of Moj Khan live there. Mojwals are living in Basian and central Bakote also. Other parts of Nakker Mojwal(نكر موجوال) are Hotrerhi, Moni dhari and Narhi Hoter.
Hotrole(هوثرول)is possessed by Birote Kalan Hajeal and Dereal sub-tribes in sixteenth century from Karhrals. Hotrole means paddy fields and cultivated for centuries but downfall of area started when a large landslide gutted half of Hotrole in 1942. Only some dozen people are living there now. All people migrated in Birote Kalan. Most populated parts of Hotrol are Sangrerhi and Narhi Hoter.
Agreement between people of Hotrole and Birote Kalan
A water supply scheme donated by a Peshawer based NGO BEST by efforts of Brgd (R) Musaddiq Abbasi completed construction from Hotrole to Birote Kalan, while ex nazim Birote Tahir Fraz Abbasi get stay order from court. This situation created very tension between Birote Kalan and Hotrole but solved. A meeting was called on 20th of July 2009 in Union Council by nazim Afaq Abbasi and signed an agreement between Hotrole and Birote Kalan than construction is completed in last week of November 2009.
Bhan (بهن )means a pond of water, but there are no ponds near the jungle. The northmost part of UC Birote is inhabited by Nikodral sub-tribe, with some Awans and Seyed families also living there. Renowned advertising boss of Circle Bakote Kalim Abbasi belong to this area. Mostly people are transporters and drivers working in Karachi. Some Awan families migrated to Bhara Kahoo near Islamabad. A jeepable link road was constructed in Mehtab era. Population of Bhan is one thousand and five hundred only. Other part of area is Chlotean and very beautiful.
Birote is a relatively well educated Union Council with a population of 30,000, it has two higher secondary schools, two middle schools, 58 primary and mosque schools and more than one dozen religious institutions. The traditional religious education by the religious scholars and teachers of this area has for centuries been influenced by the older Vedic tradition. The old society of Circle Bakote was disturbed by the Sikh invasion in the first decade of the 19th century and all of the old religious families were expelled from this area. This lead to a loss of educational environment that affected the individual names of both sexes because Sikh soldiers destroyed the local human values as well as culture. This continued until the downfall of Sikh Army in Rawalpindi, Haripur and Hazara Division. The local people initially welcomed British Rule instead of Sikhashai but also fought War of Independence against them in 1857 and paid a huge loss of lives and properties.
Early educational institutes
British Government stepped forward to modernize Murree Hills and Circle Bakote according to recommendation of Major Abbott (founder of Abbottabad city and chief of Boundary Commission in 1846-62). He recommended his officials that only Zimindari school needed to provide clerks, revenue staff and lower class local servants. The Osia High School is a first educational institute that established this area in 1887. The first Vernacular Primary School established in Bakote, Khanaspore/Reala and Boi in 1898 but with the lack of interest Reala School came on the verge of closedown. Chives of Birote take serious notice of mentioned position and a caravan under the leadership of Haji Qalander Khan met educational authorities and requested to shift this school to Birote. They offered to provide buildings and teachers accommodation free of cost. This request of Birotians accepted and Reala Vernacular Primary School shifted to Birote in March 1903, the first teacher was Molana Ismail Alvi, first student was Nazar Mohammed Khan (Fader of Raja Haiderzaman) and first class four was Abdul Karim Khan in building of late Bulaqi Khan (Grand grand father of ex General Councilor Khushi Mohammed Abbasi of Kahoo Sharqi).There are private schools are schools and collages are also open in Birote such as syed ahmed shaheed academy ,seda education system ,minhaj-ul-quran public school had a big parts in education of birote.
Boys High School Birote
Primary school Birote was upgraded in 1958 and became Government High School  in 1971. Ex Chief Minister of NWFP Mehtab Ahmed Khan further upgraded this educational institution as Higher Secondary School in 1997 with new building that constructed by contractor Raja Haiderzaman Abbasi with cost of Rs. four million and eight thousand. This educational institution was constructed by the monetary contribution of Birotians all over the country and rest of the world in 1966 but now it is a in bad condition and not able to manage as school.
In last decade of 18th century, Seyed Masoom Ali Shah of Juleal introduced a mobile private school in Birote and all first batch of teachers were provided by him in 1903. After his mission in eighties of previous century, Bashir Abbasi of UC Bakot established Yasin Public School in Birote first time. Saeed Ahmed Abbasi, a lawyer had founded Seyed Ahmed Shaheed Academy in Central Birote in 1984 and changed into a chain of schools. It was a milestone of modern education in Birote and it create a religio-modern and political thoughts in student's minds. A new way of learning and with modern Western syllabus introduced by SEEDA School System in 2002 in Birote and gained a high popularity among educated parents of students. The owner of this school is also a high educated fellow named Iftekhar Abbasi, an ex-employee of Seyed Ahmed Shaheed Academy and now he established two campuses with co-operation of his elder brother , Other modern institutions of Birote are Suddam Model School and Aeries Model School. An other new educational institute is Iqra Academy School the owner of this school is Anser Mehmood Abbasi school located in sehrora Birote and a religious school Jamia Ali-ul Murtaza in khohuti, northren Birote. hamood khan abbasi is most papolar peson in kohiti
There are running religious education in Birote pre history periods. In Dravidian, Arians and than Kathwal civilization, the vadic education was taught in temple as Mokeshpuri and Kohala Davi Temples. In mid of 1400 AD when Hazrat Sha Ali Hamdan came in Circle Bakote and Kathwal ambraced Islam, they donated agricultural prperties in favour of Madrissas and masques. This system was continued by Dhond Abbasies when they accopied Circle Bakote and Murree Hills from Kathwals in 1500 AD. Dhond Abbasies offered religious scho;ars very handsom packages after downfall of Gakherhs dynesty in 1800, so all religious families that existed in modren time are the memorial of that times.
- Rishi familieis were dominated in Dravadians and Aryan age, while Brahmen families with temples and agriland in late vadic age.
- There was Church rule at the time of victory by Mehmood of Gazni in Kohsar.
- Culture gradually changed gradually by invasion of Muslim communities.
- Religious culture was in full swing till 14th century when Shah Ali Hamdan came and preached here.
- First mosque in Kohsar had no record but first mosque in Murree was built at Potha Shareef in 15th century and at Baglotian in Birote in 16th century.
- All previous religious families ascaped from Kohsar during Sikh diturbance in 1800-25 and all new families came here after 1830.
- First Friday Prayer was started by Hazrat Molana Pir Faqirullah Bakoti Usmani in Birote in 1904.
- First religious Madrisa was started by Molana Usman Abbasi at Kahoo Sharqi in 1990.
- Two new mosques are inaugurated in Kahoo Sharqi and started Traweeh Prayers 26 August in 2009. Two new mosques are inaugurated in Kahoo Sharqi and started Traweeh Prayers. One is in Ali Abad (ex named Mounda) and second is in Bahk, near chair lift. Masques are full with Nimazies and Imams of the holy worshiped places are reciting Holy Quraan in Traweeh Prayers with religious enthusiasm. Third masque is under construction in Central Birote near Mobilink Towers by General Councilor Zoaq Akhter Abbasi and hoped to complete its construction before Eid-ul-Adha this year. Currently Nimazies are engaged in Salat on first flour of mentioned GC’s shop. The first two masques belonged to Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jamaat while third under construction masque is the property of Ahl-e-Hadith sect of Sunni Muslims. Besides these masques a shrine of Shia Seyed is also under construction at Termuthean, south part of UC Birote. People of Tarmuthean resisted against mentioned construction work. One is in Ali Abad (ex named Mounda) and second is in Bahk, near chair lift. Masques are full with Nimazies and Imams of the holy worshiped places are reciting Holy Quraan in Traweeh Prayers with religious enthusiasm. Third masque is under construction in Central Birote near Mobilink Towers by General Councilor Zoaq Akhter Abbasi and hoped to complete its construction before Eid-ul-Adha this year. Currently Nimazies are engaged in Salat on first flour of mentioned GC’s shop. The first two masques belonged to Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jamaat while third under construction masque is the property of Ahl-e-Hadith sect of Sunni Muslims. Besides these masques a shrine of Shia Seyed is also under construction at Termuthean, south part of UC Birote. People of Tarmuthean resisted against mentioned construction work.
Urdu weekly newspapers of Circle Bakot
- Weekly Hill Post Abbottabad is a rlibe in all areas of Circle Bakote, publishing under the editorship of Mohammed Obaidullah Alvi and Ishteaq Abbasi.
- Weekly Qumi Tashakhess Rawalpindiis second largest circulated weekly of Kohsar. Rukhtaj Abbasi of UC Phagwarhi is Chiefeditor of said weekly.
Journalists of Birote
- Ghulam Kibrea Abbasi of Kahu Sharqi, published weekly TERJUMAN Karachi in 1973.
- Mohammed Obaidullah Alvi  , Ishteaq Abbasi and Talib Abbasi Published Weekjly Hill Post since 1988 to 2002.
- Saeed Abbasi and Sajid Quresh Abbasi published weekly AKHBAR E KOHSAR Karachi in 19888 and 1989.
- Fida Abbasi is Editor of Daily Kaenat Karachi and his younger brother Sajjad Abbasi is Assistant Editor of Daily Ummat Karachi.
- Shahid Abbasi is news producer of Aaj Tv network.
- Iftekhar Abbasi, Nizar Abbasi, Atique Abbasi are special correspondents of daily newspapers of Rawalpindi and Abbottabad.
- Farhat Jabeen Alvi is only and high qualified female journalist of not only Birote but also Circle Bakote.
Crimes in Birote
Birote is a very peaceful area of Circle Bakote and crime rate is very low among other union councils of proposed Tehsil. Bakote Police Station receives only a few low level social complaints that solve on spot by Union Council Adjustment Body. Some historical crimes are paying reflection in modern time committed in past.
- A laborer belonged to Azad Kashmir electrocuted in Central Birote while working on roof of under construction market of Sufi Fazaldad near Shapal Market on Upper Dewal Kohala Road on 9 August 2009. This market was lentalized and laborers working there and when diseased hands up his hands touched the high voltage cable and died on spot. His dead body sent to his native village.
- 19 August…Religio-political and social organization of Circle Bakote show their concern over sun bath, vulgarity, nudism and anti religious and social values of area by outsider male and female youth. They issued a statement and asked owners of land both side of Kanair Pull that they forbid outsiders not to bulldoze religio-social values of area. They threatened land owners that if they failed to block these activities, people of area himself bane this shameless activities.
- 1 September…..Accused murderer of Naweed Abbasi has been arrested from Narhi Hoter, Birote Khurd by Bakot Police on next day but seven others are ascaped till now. Eye witnesses sayes that the real murdrer of Naweed Basi is Yasir Abbasi but the police not to be arrested till now.A disturbance accrued on Tuesday 1 September 2009 in Akhorhan Bazar, Northern Birote as a result a 36 year old young man Naveed son of Mohammed Naeem, a leather seller killed on spot while three others Mohammed Safiq son of Mohammed Irfan, Faheem son of Mohammed Naeem and Waseem son of Mohammed Sakeem wounded. As Bakote Police told this website that reason of murder was on payment of saley of watchman there and on Monday morning disturbance also occurred. Upper Dawel Kohala Road was suspended for an hour and Bakote Police cleared. No accused arrested yet and family of diseased says that they would take action after funeral, expected on Wednesday or Thursday. Civil Society and people belonged to every walk of like condemned this unfortunate incident. The last murdered was take place at Santhi, Northern Birote four years before when an ex-G Councilor Mohammed Husain Abbasi was killed by his nephew there. Hearing and court proceeding is on.
- 15 September….. The WAPDA officials have ordered to increase un announced and forced loadsheding in Circle Bakote especially in After and Sehri time after agitation. Before this more that three thousands people from Circle Bakote demonstrated against IESCO (WAPDA) on New Kohala Bridge on Friday, 11 September morning. They blocked Kashmir Highway and have burnt tires. They demand urgent removal of Director Operation Mr. Iqbal and a high authority Mr. Saifullah Khan from their seats. They told this website that workers of Kazmi Feeder Minhasa shut down power at peack hours of Sehri and Aftari. They said that this is only a sign reaction of the people but they will show forced reaction if WAPDA not stop her atroesities against people.
- A scam of Rs 12.5 lacs in five Governmental educational institutions in UC Biote by Head Teachers, center incharges and a EDO Luqman Abbasi of Moolia (UC Bakote). A movement is on against mentioned school Mafia by Galyat, Circle Bakote Union of Journalists, Lawars and civil society. It is worth mentioned that Sajjad Abbasi Adocate is working on a petition under law against all concerned currept people.
- A lady of Birotians who was married with a Mojwal of Basian and she killed by her husband. Birotians people exiled all Mojwal from Basian to Bakote in Mughal Emperor Jahangir era.
- Some ignorant Mojwals of Nakker killed a mother in late Mughal era. They called Ma Kappaiy (Killers of Mother) in modern times.
- A nose was cut down of a lady on committed adultery in 1853 and the real brother of mentioned lady awarded six-month imprisonment.
- A teacher of Basian Ali Haider Khan, father of late General Councilor Shaheen Haider Abbasi shot dead his maternal uncle Sardar Yaqoob Khan in 1956 and he awarded capital punishment and he hanged till death in 1959.
- Ex-Councilor Husain Abbasi was murdered by his nephew in 2006 at Nawli, Lower Birote and court proceeding is on.
- A disturbance accrued on 1 September 2009 in Akhorhan Bazar, Northern Birote as a result a 36 year old young man Naveed son of Mohammed Naeem, a leather seller killed on spot while three others Mohammed Safiq son of Mohammed Irfan, Faheem son of Mohammed Naeem and Waseem son of Mohammed Sakeem wounded.
Judicial Systems in old days
An assembly of Birotians all time established in this area called Dewan(ديوان). This assembly possessed many more authorities about social, religious, political and foreign affairs matters.
Social crime laws
Behr Mang(بهر منك ) (old name of Birote) always in a condition of peaceful atmosphere in all time of history. In Vedic Age the laws of society were according to Vedic Hindu teachings. If any body committed murder he would be a slave of murdered family and called him Pandi( باندي). A rope called Glanwi (كلانوي ) was tied in his neck and he never disobeyed them. The other form of penalty of murder was called Orha (اوره). Orha was a land that had been given by murderer party to deceased person’s family forever. The third form of penalty of murder was marriage of a young daughter or sister of killer's to deceased brother or son. These form also continue in modern time also.
Damage by earthquake
The area was affected by the 2005 Kashmir earthquake - a year after the quake an Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) team visited Birote to resurvey damaged houses damaged by earthquake and to pay relief cheques. A five-member delegation of Circle Bakote, headed by Abdul Rehman Khan Abbasi, met with federal ministers and the constituency leader, Amanullah Khan Jadoon on 23 Oct 2006, about the unavailability of earthquake relief funds.
Facts about Union Council Birote
- The first chairman of united Union Council Birote, Birote Khurd and Bakote was Sardar Irfan Khan during 1962 65. He and second Chairman Azad Khan of Basian were elected twice.
- General Councilor Shair Dill (Old Union Council) and Zoaq Akhter Abbasi in new UC System) elected twice.
- There was no lady councilor in Qazi Sejawal cabinet.
- Jamila Khatoon was first lady councilor from a minority Kethwal tribe elected first time in new local bodies system. Unfortunately she died during her councilor ship.
- Shahida Islam Abbasi first lady councilor who won her seat twice but in second term she lost her councillorship by sue of Shamim Akhter Abbasi, ex female teacher and lady councilor from Termuthean. Shaheda Islam Abbasi has a credit of Choorean to Sindhwari Hell Link Road Birote construction on self-aid basis.
- Fazal Rehman Abbasi, husband of Ebarat Bibi a lady councilor of UC Birote, participated in close door session of Nazim and general councilor instead of his wife.
- Union Council of Birote, Birote Khurd and Bakote was divided in 1982 and first chairman of UC Birote was Haji Azam Khan of central Birote was elected.
- Union Council Birote was divided again in 1992 as UC Birote and UC Birote Khurd and First and last Union Chairman of Birote Khurd was Qazi Sejawal Abbasi of Mohrha. Union office was in Hotrairhi. Vice chairman was Sadiq Khan (Narhi Hoter).
- Mouhmamd Sarwar Abbsi from Mohara is the first Mumber of thasil council Abbottabad.
- Birote was a part of Bakote until 1981 when a separate Union Council was formed.
- Birote was first mentioned in a book of a British tourist Legacy To Kashmir published in 1891 (reprint by Sang-e-Mil Publishers Lahore).
- Birote was a part of Hazara constituency in the 1936 elections when only 7 landowners cast their votes.
- This area was well known throughout the province for its golden apples, but now Rawalpindi supplies apples to the area.
- Professor Ghulam Kibria Abbasi of Kahoo was the first journalist who published weekly Tarjuman Karachi as the first news-magazine of Circle Bakote.
- Molana Abdurehman was the first Martyere of Circle Bakote who embraced martyrdom in Srinager in 1931, belonged to UC Birote.
- The first Muslim transport company was established in 1920 by Mohammad Amin Khan which was named Allied Charaghdin Transport Company running buses between Rawalpindi & Srinager.
- First Agitation against a teacher of Primary School Birote Azizurehman Qureshi of Thala was held in Basian in 1976.
- First Vadic Hakim who won publicity in South Asia was Hakim Qazi Zafir-ul-Haq Alvi Chishti (b. 1918 d.1997) and founder of Jadid Chishtea Dawakhana in Rawalpindi. He was personal physician of Ex-President of Pakistan General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq and renowned poet and writer of Pakistan Anthem Hafiz Jalindhri . He also taught in Osia  High School before 1947 and his renowned people is Brigadier Taj Abbasi.
- The first largest funeral prayer in Birote was in memoriam of Benazir Bhutto at Choorean in Kahoo Sharqi on 28 December 2007.
- First Water Supply Scheme was built by Sardar Mehtab Ahmed Khan in 1985 with cost of Rs. 5.8 million while second scheme was donated by Brgd (R) Musaddaq Abbasi with co-opration of Peshawer based NGO The BEST and completed in November 2009.
- The first writer of Dhondi/Kareali language is Mohabbat Husain Awan of Lammian Larhan, wrote life history of Islamic prophet Muhammad  in 2006. Mr Ayaz Abbasi a civil servent presently working with ERRA discovered an old civilization in Birote.He was the person who ever in the history of Birote discovered the remains of old Behrmang civilaztion near Dana masjad and kunair kus.He laid down the foundation of civil society volunteer social work in the area. He constructed bridal path, street pavement and established a free dispensry in the area on self help basis. He helped out thousands of effectees on their door step during the aerthquake 2005