Bolt is a 2008 film
about a dog who lived his whole life on the set of a television
set, and therefore thinks he has super powers. Thinking that his
owner, Penny, has been kidnapped, he sets out across the country to
A hero is unleashed 2008.(taglines)
- Directed by Chris Williams and Bryan Howard. Written by Chris Williams and Dan Fogelman.
- I'll never let them get you, Penny.
- This is becoming tiresome, cat! In fact, I feel a yawn coming
- I have a super bark.
- It's classified.
- What is this red liquid coming from my paw?
- Do I need it?
- Are you mad? You don't know the power of Styrofoam!
- Get down here, cat! We don't have time for this!
- Mittens, so help me, I will Superbark you out of that
- If I stare at the lock really hard, it'll burst into flames and
- You pigeons are useless! I need someone on the inside, someone
close to the Green-Eyed Man!
- No, Bolt! That's what they do, okay? They act like they love
you! They act like they'll be there forever! And then one day they
pack up all their stuff and move away, and take their love with
them and leave their declawed cat behind to fend for herself! They
leave her... wondering... what she did wrong.
- Listen to me, ok? We're being taken to a place where humans go
animal shopping, alright? And this is what humans do. They always
pick the cute ones, the ones that look like you, Bolt, but the rest
of us never come back out.
- Figures I'm tied to the one dog on Earth that doesn't know how
to beg. Huh. If you want the f... ah, the antidote, you're gonna
have to do exactly what I say.
- Untie me, pooch, or I'm gonna... I'm gonna... uh... I'm gonna
seriously wound you! I'm gonna seriously wound you with this
- No, no, no, please, it can't end like this!
- You can't, Bolt! You got nothing! No super strength, no super
bark... and no heat vision! (cut to Bolt trying to use his heat
- Yes! So if you want to keep it inside your body where it
belongs, you should stop jumping off trucks doing 80 on the
- Whoa, hey you're crazy, man!
- Yeah, well, your deal just expired. Now get lost.
- Wow, that's a good knot! Were you in the navy? (heard in
trailer, but was cut from the film)
- That meat lover's pizza is NOT loving me back!
- If Bolt's taught me anything, it's that you never abandon a
friend at time of need!
- Ring, ring! Who is it? Destiny? I've been expecting your
- All my training has prepared me for this moment. [rushes at
guard] Die! Diiie!
- There's no truck that I know that can keep in Bolt and
- Sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're
- Let it begin! Let it begin! LET IT BEGIN!!!
- (speaking into an air vent) Rhino is awesome... he's
so awesome... he's beyond awesome... he's BE-awesome! (sees
Bolt and Mittens standing there) Well... I am,
- I'll rip out your spleen and hit your liver with it...
- Hey, guys, come here, he's got his mellon stuck.
- Just turn and pull, turn and pull, forget about it, you will be
out, no time.
- yeah, Kelvin the laberdoodle.
- She said that to me not ten minutes ago! The irony!
- I know this dog... (bus with Bolt's picture pulls up behind
them) no, no I don't. I thought I knew.
- Wait for it... (pauses for effect) Aliens.
- Don't freak out. That's how you blew it with Nemo!
- That was horrifying, what you just did. Why don't you make
yourself useful and go get me some bread crumbs. Whole wheat! Go!
(Billy flies away) Whole wheat is not the same as whole grain
Billy! Don't come at me with whole grain, Billy!
- You saved me again, Bolt.
- (young Penny when she first buys Bolt) You're a good boy.
You're my good boy.
- (During TV show) Bolt, Zoom Zoom!
- Bolt, look at me. I'm fine.
- Director: (watching over recording of
filming of Bolt and Penny, up to the point of the swarming of
Calico's men when he sees a boom mic in the background) Ugh!
- Worker #1: We got a boom mic.
- Worker #2: It's a boom mic.
- Director: That's sloppy. The dog could have
seen that. He could have seen that!
- Woman: Uh, who cares if the dog sees a boom
- Director: Forgive me for answering a question
with a question, but who are you?
- Woman: Mindy Parker, from the Network.
- Director: Of course. Let me ask you, Mindy
from the Network, what do you see here? (pointing to the screen
with picture of Bolt)
- Mindy: Uh, the dog?
- Director: (whispers) The dog she
says.... oh Mindy. Poor, poor Mindy.
- Mindy: Am I, missing something?
- Director: You're missing everything, Mindy.
You see a dog. I see an animal, who believes with every fiber of
his being, every fiber, that the girl he loves is in mortal danger.
I see a depth of emotion on the face of that canine the likes of
which have never been captured on screen before. Never, Mindy from
the Network! We jump through hoops to make sure Bolt believes
everything is real. It's why we don't miss marks. I'ts why we don't
re-shoot. And it's why we most certainly do not let the dog see
boom mics! (sighs) Because, Mindy from the Network,
(reaches hand up to a screen showing a close-up of Bolt's
determined expression) if the dog believes it, the audience,
- Mindy: Wow. Okay, you want reality, here you
go, chief. The show's too predictable. The girl's in danger, the
dog saves her from the creepy English guy, we get it. There's
always a happy ending. And our focus groups tell us that 18-35 year
olds are unhappy. They're not happy, with happy. So maybe you
should, I don't know, spend a little less time worrying about the
dog's method acting and more time figuring, how to stop 20 year
olds in Topeka from changing the channel, becuase if you lose so
much as half a rating point, so help me I will fire everyone in
this room, starting with you. How's that for real? (slams
- Long-haired cat: So, the dog thinks this is
- Black cat: Oh, yeah, you’re new. Guy, never
leaves the set. It’s unbelievable. Whenever I get the chance, this
is the perfect way to unwind. (hops onto the bumper of the trailer,
then climbs onto its roof; the long-haired cat does the same)
- Black cat: I like to start with an evil laugh.
- Bolt: (gets up and looks up at the cats)
- Black cat: You may have won today, Bolt, but
in the end, we will get your little Penny.
- Bolt: Not likely, cat, for you've chosen to
follow the path of evil. Ultimately I'll destroy you, along with
your fiendish puppet-master!
- Long-haired cat: (in awe) Wow!
- Black cat: I know, right? Okay, watch
- Black cat: (in a louder evil voice) She’s a
goner, dog. The green-eyed man has a plan, and soon, he will
- Long-haired cat: (laughs) Yeah, and then, he
will execute... her! (chuckles)
- Black cat: (turns to the long-haired cat and
- Bolt: I would super-bark you both back into
the hole you crawled out of, but I need you alive, because I’ve got
a little message for you to take back to your green-eyed man. You
tell him, his old friend Bolt said, that... (gets interrupted)
- Black cat: Is it long?
- Bolt: (bewildered) I-Is what long?
- Black cat: The message? Is it, is it long
message? Because I have a horrible memory.
- Bolt: Yeah, I’ll make it brief, alright? You
tell him I said I’m gonna... (gets interrupted again)
- Black cat: You know what? Why don’t we do
- Black cat: (to the long-haired cat) You
remember the first half of the message, and then I’ll remember the
second, and then we can pass it on to the green-eyed man
- Bolt: Oh, I don’t care how the message is
translated, alright? Just do it, okay? You tell the green-eyed man
that I will not sleep, I will not rest, until my Penny is safe from
his evil clutches. You tell the green-eyed man that... (gets
interrupted once again)
- Black cat: Woah, woah, woah. Way too many
words. I was like "What?" and then I was like "Huh?" and then, uh,
I got a little bored. Something about clutches? Anyway, I’ll do my
best. Ciao! (jumps off the trailer)
- Long-haired cat: By the way, huge fan, love
it, love you, gotta go. Thank you.
- Penny: There. Perfect. [while pinning the
picture to the wall] You saved me again, Bolt. (hammer sounds are
made, causing Bolt to growl at the door) It's ok, it's nothing. No
more bad guys. (Bolt growls again) You want some food, Bolty? Huh?
Are you hungry?(Another growl) (Penny fills a food dish and picks
it up, knocking a measuring cup of the edge, making Bolt growl) You
got 'em, Bolt. No one's gonna hurt me. (Another growl) Bolt, look
at me, I am fine, see? Come here, buddy! Come here! (Bolt ignores
her) Go get the ball, go get it! (Penny throws a ball and Bolt's
eyes follow it but he doesn't move) Yeah, that one's no fun either.
(gasps) Well, what do we have here? Your old buddy, Mr. Carrot!
(Bolt looks at her, then shakes his head and goes back to staring
at the door) (Penny's cell phone vibrates and Bolt looks at it,
whimpering) Ah, Bolt. You know I have to go. (Bolt is still
whimpering as Penny goes to him and moves him away from the door.
Bolt whimpers again and puts his head in her lap) Yeah, you're my
good boy. (Bolt whimpers again as Penny leaves)
- Agent: There she is, my little super star!
Lets get to that Teen Vouge cover shoot!
- Penny: Mom, I wanna take Bolt home this
weekend. (completely ignoring her agent)
- Penny's mom: I uh... well that would
- Agent: Oh, That'd be nice. That'd be great.
That would. A little girl and her... her dog. Nothing better than
that. He he...
- Penny: (hopefully) So I can bring Bolt
- Agent: As your friend, I say yes! Absolutely!
But as your agent, I have to remind you. This is Bolt's world. He
has to stay right here! Ok, let's go.
- Penny: But he never gets to be a real dog! And
it would only be for the weekend and I just...
- Agent: You know what... It's a fair question.
Let's do this. Let's put a pin in it! Boop! Pin in, there you go.
Now let's that hang there a bit and then we'll address that, when
we've thought things through. Okay, good enough for everybody?
Smiles all around? Let's get out of here. Come on!
- Penny: I don't need to think it through! I
wanna take Bolt home!
- Agent: Look at this face! I have a little girl
at home, love of my life. I would do anything for her. And I would
trade her for you, in a heartbeat! True story! That reminds me of,
we need to be heading over to wardrobe. Let's go!
- Mittens: Yeah, I'm really scared now. (Bolt
pops up and pins Mittens to a trash can)
- Bolt: You should be!
- Mittens: Whoa! Okay!
- Bolt: Where is she?
- Mittens: Uh... who?
- Bolt: You know why I'm here. (Mittens screams
again) Where is she?
- Mittens: Okay, okay. Look, buddy, I don't know
what you're getting at, but... (pigeons start laughing)
- Pigeons: Come on, Mittens. Just tell the guy
where she is. Tell the dog, make him happy.
- Mittens: Joey, Vinnie, Bobby, my boys. Would
you tell the crazy canine that he's got the wrong cat? (pigeons
look at each other)
- Pigeons: You got her pal! That's her. That is
definitely the right cat.
- Mittens: (looks at Bolt) Heh.
- Bolt: Looks like we're gonna do this the hard
(Cut to Bolt holding Mittens off a highway overpass by the
scruff of her neck)
- Mittens: Whoa! Hey, you're crazy, man!
- Vinnie: Hey, Joey. Do we go to far in
- Joey: You kidding? This is the best day of my
- Bolt: You work for the men in black, who work
for the man with the green eye. They've taken Penny. Where is
- Mittens: I don't know what you're talking
- Bolt: This is becoming tiresome, cat! In fact,
I feel a yawn coming on.
- Mittens: Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay, I'll talk!
I'll talk! I know where Penny is. Yeah! They have her! Yes! The men
in black and the guy, the guy with the blue eyes!
- Bolt: Blue eyes?
- Mittens: Um... Oh. Green! Yes, green! The one
- Bolt: You just can't stop lying, can you, cat?
It's in the genes. It's just gross.
- Mittens: I know. That's disgusting. I disgust
myself. But, if you put me down, I'll show you where she is.
- Bolt: Hmm... padlock. [stares intensely at
- Mittens: [trying to get away] Listen Cujo, I got
some pretty wicked claws under these mitts, do not, I beg of you do
not make me bring out these bad boys! It gets ugly!
- Bolt: [continues to stare at padlock]
- Mittens: What are you doing? [tries to get in
front of him]
- Bolt: Stay back! If I stare at the lock really
hard, it'll burst into flames and melt.
- Mittens: Now I'm concerned on a number of
- Bolt: Styrofoam! (opens truck door) Tuck and
- Mittens: Tuck and what?!
(Bolt and Mittens jump out a speeding U-haul truck)
- Bolt: What? What is this red liquid coming
from my paw?
- Mittens: It's called blood, hero.
- Bolt: Do I need it?
- Mittens: Yes, so if you want tho keep it
inside your body where it belongs, you should stop jumping off
trucks doing 80 on the interstate!
- Bolt: Yeah, well usually I'm a tad more
industructable. Must have been... (gasps) Styrofoam! That stuff, it
- Mittens: (picks up styrofoam) Ah ha!
- Bolt: What are you doing? Put that down!
- Mittens: That's it. I've had it with you.
Untie me, pooch, or I'm gonna... I'm gonna... I'm gonna seriously
wound you. I'm gonna seriously wound you with this styrofoam.
- Bolt: Are you mad? You don't know the power of
- Mittens: Oh, you bet I'm mad, baby! And I'm
about to unleash it! The power of the Styrofoam!
- Bolt: Alright, cat! Okay! You win! I'll untie
you. (pause) That's a weird place to put a piano. (Mittens looks
over her shoulder) Hye yah! (Bolt karate chops styrofoam out of
Mittens' paw) Are we going to have any more problems, cat?
- Mittens: No, no. No more problems. I'll take
you to Penny. (Bolt starts sniffing)
- Bolt: Ah! What is that? (referring to his
- Mittens: What?
- Bolt: That! Ok, you have two seconds to tell
me what you've implanted in me, cat! Poison? A parasite? Poison? Oh
no, I just said that, didn't I? See, I'm all discombobluated! I
can't think straight!
- Mittens: I don't believe this. You're
- Bolt: Where is the antidote?
- Mittens: Okay, okay! Alright!
- Mittens: There's your antidote. Food.
- Mittens: Go on. Use the dog face. This is
gonna be beautiful... You know, beg... Do the dog face!
- Bolt: What? The dog face? What is that
- Mittens: Figures I'm tied to the one dog on
Earth that doesn't know how to beg. Huh. OK, if you want the f...
eh... the antidote, you're gonna have to do exactly what I
- Bolt: [Exhales] Uhm, not likely. You're a
degenerate creature of darkness.
- Mittens: Yeah, yeah, granted, but that's it.
All I'm asking you to do is just tilt your head a little low, you
can do that, can't you. Come on![he does] More. More.
- Bolt: This is stupid!
- Mittens: No, no, no, no! Come on, work with me
on this, please. We're almost there.
- Bolt: Oh boy!
- Mittens: Ok, try it the other way. There you
go. Tilt up. Um, down. Now a little smile. Uh, lose the smile. Drop
your left ear. Your other left. OK, the other way was better. Now,
drop them both. Hold it right there. And ever so slightly, look up.
Soup is on, baby!
- Rhino: Bolt! I can be a valuable addition to
- Bolt: I'm listening...
- Rhino: I'm lightning quick. I have razor-sharp
reflexes. And I'm a master of stealth. [whispers] Plus, I'll keep
the cat in check.
- Mittens: [rolls eyes]
- Bolt: [leans in close to Rhino's ball] The
road'll be rough.
- Rhino: I have a ball.
- Bolt: There's no turning back.
- Rhino: Guess I'll have to roll with the
punches! [rolls ball]
- Bolt: Easy won't be part of the equation.
- Rhino: Promise?
- Bolt: I gotta warn ya, going into the belly of
the beast - danger at every turn.
- Rhino: I eat danger for breakfast!
- Bolt: You hungry?
- Rhino: [cracks neck and bares teeth]
- Bolt: Welcome aboard!
- Rhino: [laughes wildly]
- Mittens: Hey, can we talk for a second? I
don't know whats going on here but I'm just a little bit concerned
about the number of lunatics on this trip. My limit is one.
- Bolt: He's coming with us.
- Mittens: But I... huh... Hey! [Rhino is
hitting Mittens with his ball]
- Rhino: Move it, prisoner. We're loosing
- Bolt: I agree. Now we need to find a fast set
- Rhino: [gasps] I have a better idea. Follow
me! Tira Tira tira!
- Bolt: (Bolt and Rhino have gone searching for
Mittens in an Animal Shelter. Bolt locates her in a cage in the
- Mittens: Bolt? Wh... Wha... what are you doing
- Bolt: I’m busting you out.
- Mittens: You... You came all the way back
here... for me?
- Bolt: Yeah.
- Mittens: But how’d you…? I mean... you don’t
have any superpowers!
- Bolt: I know.
- Mittens: Really?
- Bolt: Yeah.
- Mittens: Wow. Crazy day for ya, huh?
- Bolt: It’s been a lot, yes, it has.
- Bolt: (pauses, looks up) Are you ready for
- Mittens: No.
- Bolt: Me neither. (opens her cage)
(after jumping off train, Mittens ends up on the tree, Bolt and
Rhino are on the ground)
- Mittens: The real world hurts, doesen't it?!
But you wouldn't know about that, would you?!
- Bolt: Get down here cat, we don't have time
- Rhino: I'll get a ladder (walks away)
- Mittens: Look genius, you're part of a TV
show. You know, what that is - television? It's entertainment for
people. It's FAKE! Nothing you thing is real, is real!
- Bolt: That's preposterous!
- Mittens: Think about it, Bolt. Since you got
lost, none of your powers are working, aren't they? For the first
time, you're hungry, you're bleeding... I mean, do you really think
that you were born with a birthmark in the EXACT shape of a
- Bolt: It's my mark of power, cat.
- Mittens: It's the mark of a makeup artist,
- Bolt: You're ridiculous. Now get down
- Mittens: (Ties the rope to the branch)
- Bolt: Mittens, so help me, I will super-bark
you out of that tree!
- Mittens: Yeah, go nuts. Let's see how that
works out for ya.
- Bolt: You leave me no choice!
(Bolt does "super-bark". Nothing hapens)
- Mittens: (dryly) Oh, the super-bark. Scary,
scary. Yeah, that's really, really super.
- Bolt: (frustrated) It's not true. This is not
(Bolt tries the super-bark again)
- Mittens: (dryly again) Wow. I felt really
super. Wait, now it's itten.
(Bolt starts barking)
- Mittens: OK, OK, m-hmm, I get the ID, you can
- Mittens: That's enough!
- Mittens: Seriously, dog, stop! I'm not
- Mittens: Would you stop? It's...
(Animal control truck stops to check the situation)
- Mittens: (terrified) OK, you're a super dog.
Uh, Bolt, be quiet, please!
(Bolt is still barking)
- Mittens: Bolt, we gotta run!
(Officer puts Bolt and Mittens into the truck)
- Fully Awesome 2008
- Fully Awesome. Ridonculous. Let It Begin.
- Real life's a total adventure!
- A hero is unleashed 2008