|Role||three-seat biplane trainer|
|Manufacturer||Central Aircraft Company Limited|
|Designed by||A A Fletcher|
|Primary user||Central Aircraft Flying School|
The Centaur IV was a two-seat wire-braced, fabric-covered wooden biplane designed by A.A. Fletcher. It was the first original design to be built by Central Aircraft Company at Kilburn, London during 1919. The prototype had a 70 hp (52 kW) Renault air cooled V-8 engine but the seven production aircraft were fitted with an Anzani radial engine.
The Centaur IV was originally proposed in two versions:
No market existed for private ownership at that time, so the eight aircraft were all built as three-seaters. All the aircraft were initially used by Central Aircraft for joyriding or instruction at Northolt Aerodrome. The fifth aircraft was fitted with a three-float undercarriage. It was used for a week giving joyrides at Southend-on-Sea. It was converted into a landplane later in 1920 and crashed in October 1920.