The Full Wiki

Clarion University of Pennsylvania: Wikis

Advertisements
  
  
  

Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article! This article doesn't yet, but we're working on it! See more info or our list of citable articles.

Encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Established 1867
Type Public
Endowment US$10,386,829
President Joseph Grunenwald
Staff 286
Undergraduates 5,927
Postgraduates 664
Location Clarion, PA, USA
Campus Rural
Mascot Golden Eagles
Website www.clarion.edu

Clarion University of Pennsylvania, located on a 100-acre (0.40 km2) campus in Clarion, Pennsylvania, is one of fourteen universities of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).

Clarion University was founded in 1867 and offers associate's, bachelor's, master's and post master's certificates.[1]

Contents

Student body

As of 2008, Clarion university's student body totaled 7,100 students, of which 5,975 were undergraduates and 1,125 of those were graduate students. The university's students are mostly female (61%). 96% of students come from the state of Pennsylvania while the remaining 4% come from 48 other states and 31 other countries.[1]

Other locations

The University maintains a regional campus, Venango Campus in Oil City, and a site in Pittsburgh at West Penn Hospital. The Department of Library Science also offers the Master of Library Science degree through face-to-face courses in Philadelphia, at the Free Library's Main branch and other locations. Clarion also offers an extended studies program featuring online courses, remote sites, and various hybrid learning situations.

Campus housing

Advertisements

On-campus

Current on-campus housing on Clarion University consists of:

  • Ballentine Hall (all male)
  • Givan Hall (all female)
  • Nair Hall (co-ed)
  • Wilkinson Hall (co-ed)
  • Campus View Suite (co-ed)
  • Valley View Suite (co-ed)

Off-campus

  • Reinhard Villages
  • Clarion University Foundation RSO Housing
  • Eagle Park Apartments
  • College Park Apartments
  • Campus Habitat - Clarion

Student groups

A list of all student organizations can be found on the Office of Campus Life website for Clarion University ([1]).

Greek life

Clarion is also home to a number of Greek organizations.

Fraternities

Sororities

Notable alumni

Clarion University Distinguished Alumni Association Awards

Athletics

The Clarion University Department of Athletics currently sponsors Men's Intercollegiate Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Football, Swimming & Diving, and Wrestling along with Women's Intercollegiate Basketball, Softball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Track, Volleyball and Tennis. All sports compete in the NCAA Division II, except for wrestling which participates in NCAA Division I. The athletic director is Dave Katis, the assistant athletic director is Wendy Snodgrass. More information on the Golden Eagle athletic teams including schedules, stories, rosters and statistics can be found at www.clariongoldeneagles.com.

References

  1. ^ a b Oram, Fern, A, ed (2006) [1986]. Peterson's Colleges in the Middle Atlantic States. Peterson's. ISBN 978-0-7689-2421-3. http://books.google.com/books?id=qmlKhz-PYpgC&pg=PA121&lpg=PA121&dq=Christopher+Newport+University+%2B+1960+%2B+william+and+mary&source=web&ots=qJKB67Tgld&sig=OmUoWCRpgiNwrD8tNzjlTGFkzWk#PPA76,M1. Retrieved 2008-03-03.  
  2. ^ Feitl, Steve. "BACK TO HIS ROOTS: Frank Edgar part of fight card in UFC's return to New Jersey", Home News Tribune, November 15, 2007. Accessed December 28, 2007. "After an accomplished wrestling career — one that saw him place twice at states while at Toms River High School East and qualify for nationals all four years as an All-American at Clarion University in Pennsylvania — Edgar chose to train for the combat sport that merges numerous disciplines from wrestling to jiu-jitsu to kickboxing."
  • Clarion University News, August 24, 2005.

External links

Coordinates: 41°12′32″N 79°22′41″W / 41.209°N 79.378°W / 41.209; -79.378


Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message