Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article
! This article doesn't yet, but we're working on it! See more info
or our list of citable articles
Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Commonwealth of Nations
- the 1998 Seychellois general election saw the Commonwealth of Nations and the Francophonie send a joint team of election monitors for the first time?
- the Singapore Declaration, one of the two most important constitutional documents of the Commonwealth of Nations, is thought to have been unenforceable until the Harare Declaration twenty years later?
- the Paradesi Synagogue, built by the Malabar Yehudan people, is the oldest synagogue in the British Commonwealth of nations?
- the Bayeux War Cemetery, the largest for World War II Commonwealth soldiers, includes the Bayeux Memorial, honoring more than 1,800 soldiers killed in the Normandy Landings with no known grave?
- Wee Chong Jin, one of the former judicial officers of the Republic of Singapore, was the longest-serving Chief Justice of Singapore and of a Commonwealth country, having held the post for over 27 years?
- HMAS Sydney (pictured) was the first aircraft carrier owned by a British Commonwealth nation to serve in combat?
- Brigadier Arthur Frederick Crane Nicholls is the only member of the Coldstream Guards to have won the George Cross, the highest civil decoration of the Commonwealth of Nations?
Include this on your site/blog: