|The Community College of Baltimore County|
Catonsville and Essex Community Colleges.
Dundalk Community College
The three colleges are combined to form CCBC
|President||Sandra Kurtinitis, Ph.D.|
|Location||Baltimore County, Maryland, USA|
As of Fall 2005, CCBC offers more than 50 Associate's Degrees and 100 Certificate programs in a wide range of fields. Annual enrollment is greater than 72,000 students, most of whom live in the surrounding communities. The college has nationwide and international ties as well, with the student body representing 55 countries outside of the U.S.
CCBC has three main campuses located in the Catonsville, Dundalk, and Essex communities of Baltimore County, Maryland, as well as extension centers located in the Hunt Valley and Owings Mills communities of Baltimore County. Each campus started as its own college, with Hunt Valley and Owings Mills centers being extensions to Catonsville Community College, however, in 1998 the separate colleges of Catonsville, Dundalk, and Essex merged to form the Community College of Baltimore County.
Currently located at 800 South Rolling Road, Catonsville, Maryland, and approximately one mile west of the Baltimore Beltway, the Catonsville campus of CCBC originated in 1957 as Catonsville Community College (CCC). Originally, the college operated out of the basement of Catonsville High School with an enrollment of 53 students, and shared a curriculum with that of Essex Community College, founded at the same time. Between 1959 and 1963, the County Board of Education raised funds to purchase a permanent campus for the college, eventually buying the Knapp Estate (a dairy farm in Catonsville). The construction on new classroom buildings began in 1962. As of 2005, the CCBC Catonsville campus has 19 buildings. The former manor / farm house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Community College of Baltimore County Dundalk Campus is one of the three main campuses of CCBC which was started in 1970 and built in 1971. As of 2005 it has 16 buildings, and houses the Baltimore County police training academy. Dundalk is the smallest of the three campuses.
Currently located at 7201 Rossville Boulevard, Essex, Maryland, the Essex Campus of CCBC originated in 1957 as Essex Community College. Originally, the college operated out of Kenwood High School with an enrollment of 59 and shared a curriculum with that of Catonsville Community College. Jokingly, it is referred to by many of its students as The University of Rossville Boulevard. As of 2005, it has 14 buildings. The school mascot is the knight. CCBC Essex has one of the top rated associate nursing programs in the region.
CCBC has a number of extension centers around Baltimore County, most notably in Hunt Valley and Owings Mills.
Community College of Baltimore County Hunt Valley Campus is one of the two supplemental campuses of CCBC. It uses a leased building located in 11101 McCormick Road, a business park in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Community College of Baltimore County Owings Mills Campus is the second of the two supplemental campuses of CCBC. It uses a leased building located in Owings Mills, Maryland.
This Community College is a NAFTC's Training Center.