From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sherwood Pictures is a Christian film production company in Albany, Georgia. It is unusual among production companies in that it is a ministry of a local church, Sherwood Baptist Church. It was founded in 2002 by Alex Kendrick, the associate pastor of media for Sherwood Baptist Church with $20,000 in donations. The company is best known for its 2008 film Fireproof, which was the highest-grossing independent film of the year.
Sherwood Pictures' fourth film is titled Courageous, and is expected to be released in 2011. The title and plot of Courageous were announced on November 15, 2009 Alex Kendrick, Michael Catt, Jim McBride and Stephen Kendrick.. Sherwood Pictures stated that "After much prayer, creative brainstorming, more prayer, wise counsel, and still more prayer, Sherwood Pictures is ready to move ahead with their fourth motion picture."
At the time of Courageous' announcement, the Kendrick brothers stated that they had completed "about 80 percent of the plot", and they had planned to finish the script by the end of 2009. Casting is projected to begin in early 2010, and filming will take place in April 2010. Co-producer and co-writer Stephen Kendrick stated that "The film's desire is for men to leave the theater making the decision that Joshua made when he declared, 'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".
- ^ Fisher, Luchina (October 3, 2008). "'Fireproof' Shows Christian Movies Sell". ABC News. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=5941016. Retrieved December 15, 2009.
- ^ Buss, Dale (January 21, 2009). "What Christians Watch". The Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123249904737100583.html. Retrieved January 24, 2009.
- ^ "'Fireproof' makers to follow up with film on fatherhood". Christian Today. November 16, 2009. http://www.christiantoday.com/article/fireproof.makers.to.follow.up.with.film.on.fatherhood/24629.htm. Retrieved November 16, 2009.
- ^ Kimball, Josh (November 3, 2009). "'Fireproof' creators to reveal plans for fourth film". The Christian Post. Christian Today. http://www.christiantoday.com/article/fireproof.creators.to.reveal.plans.for.fourth.film/24519.htm. Retrieved November 14, 2009.
- ^ Davis, Rebecca Grace (November 19, 2009). "Sherwood Pictures announces fourth film". OneNewsNow. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=775890. Retrieved November 20, 2009.
- ^ "“Fireproof” Filmmakers Announce Next Project". KWTX-TV. November 16, 2009. http://www.kwtx.com/entertainment/headlines/70216752.html. Retrieved November 16, 2009.
- ^ Barnello, Jana (November 15, 2009). "Sherwood unveils new movie theme". WFXL. http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=377490. Retrieved November 16, 2009.
- ^ "‘Courageous’ to focus on fatherhood". The Oklahoman. November 21, 2009. http://www.newsok.com/courageous-to-focus-on-fatherhood/article/3419000. Retrieved November 21, 2009.
- ^ Foust, Michael (November 15, 2009). "Sherwood's next film to spotlight fatherhood". Baptist Press. http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=31698. Retrieved November 16, 2009.