From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't Look Back is a yearly series of concerts in which London based promoters All Tomorrow's Parties ask artists and bands to play one of their seminal albums live in its entirety. The season started in London in 2005, and has since spread its wings further each year, appearing from 2006 onwards in America and Europe (ATP has hosted stages of Don't Look Back performances at Barcelona's Primavera Sound festival and the Pitchfork Music Festival in Union Park, Chicago), and in 2008 onwards in Australia.
Previous Don't Look Back Seasons
Below is a listing of the years in which each album was first performed as part of the Don't Look Back concept. Some albums have seen repeat performances at later dates, while others, such as Sonic Youth, Slint, and The GZA, went on to tour with the concept. Melvins, inspired by their performance of the album Houdini recorded a CD performing it live entitled A Live History of Gluttony and Lust.
(Info sourced from , )
- Died Pretty - Doughboy Hollow
- Ed Kuepper - Honey Steel's Gold
- The Scientists - Blood Red River
- Sebadoh - Bubble and Scrape London, Barcelona, Chicago
- Raekwon (with special guest Ghostface Killah) - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx London
- Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back London, Manchester, Glasgow, Barcelona, Chicago, Nottingham
- Mission of Burma - Vs. Chicago
- Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets II New York, London
- Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts New York
- Bardo Pond - Lapsed New York
- Built to Spill - Perfect from Now On New York, London
- Fantômas - The Director's Cut Minehead, London
A repeat performance for 2008 was Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die in New York.
Repeat performances for 2009 include Dirty Three - Ocean Songs at ATP Australia: Mt Buller, Australia in January and at ATP New York in September.
- ^ Don't Look Back
- ^ http://wwww.atpfestival.com