|— Comune —|
Comune di San Candido
St. Michael's Square
|Frazioni||Innichberg (Monte San Candido), Obervierschach (Versciaco di Sopra), Untervierschach (Versciaco di Sotto), Vierschach (Versciaco), Winnebach (Prato alla Drava)|
|- Mayor||Dr. Josef Passler|
|- Total||80.1 km2 (30.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,175 m (3,855 ft)|
|Population (Dec. 2004)|
|- Density||39.3/km2 (101.8/sq mi)|
|- Demonym||German: Innichner
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|- Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Candido, Saint Korbinian|
As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 3,148 and an area of 80.1 km². According to the 2001 census, 84.84% of the population spoke German, 14.78% Italian and 0.38% Ladin as first language. 
The municipality of Innichen contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) of Innichberg (Monte San Candido), Obervierschach (Versciaco di Sopra), Untervierschach (Versciaco di Sotto), Vierschach (Versciaco), and Winnebach (Prato alla Drava).
Duke Tassilo III of Bavaria founded the Innichen Benedectine abbey, which from 783 belonged to the Archbishopric of Freising. The abbey itself was disestablished in 1785, while the surrounding estates were acquired by the County of Tyrol after the Mediatisation of 1803 (Reichsdeputationshauptschluss). According to the 1919 Treaty of Saint-Germain terms fell to the Kingdom of Italy. Innichen is still the site of a Franciscan monastery founded in 1691.