From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jenna Haze (born February 22, 1982) is an American pornographic actress. She entered the adult film industry in 2001 at the age of 19. Between 2002 and 2005, she was a contract girl for the film company Jill Kelly Productions. During most of her time at the company, she performed exclusively with women, out of loyalty to her then boyfriend, an industry cameraman. She returned to working with men in the 2006 multi-award winning release Jenna Haze Darkside, produced by Jules Jordan. Haze herself has won numerous adult industry awards, including the 2003 AVN Award for Best New Starlet and the 2009 AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year.
Haze was born in Fullerton, California and grew up mainly in La Habra, California, but also spent time in Lancaster, California and Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. Haze grew up with divorced parents and two sisters and a brother, all much older than her. She is of Spanish, German and Irish descent.
She received good grades in school, until about junior high school when she "discovered boys and sex". By age 15 she had dropped out of high school, had to receive homeschooling and found her first job. She had a series of low wage jobs such as a fast food manager, oil change girl and a Christmas job stocking shelves at a toy store.
When Haze turned 18, she tried stripping for a day, but did not enjoy being a house girl, giving lap dances to men she had to pretend to like for low wages. At age 19, while at her favorite nightclub in Anaheim, California, her boyfriend introduced her to a friend who knew the adult actor Peter North and the actor/director Craven Moorehead. She gladly accepted an offer from Moorehead to participate in a film and two days later she shot her first scene. Haze had chosen her stage name in honor of her then fiancé – who had the surname Hayes – and her favorite song, Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze".
Haze's first scene was for The Oral Adventures of Craven Moorehead 8 with her agent Slim Shady (Dez) and his best friend, Moorehead. It was intended to only be an oral scene, but in the heat of the moment she had intercourse with both. The next day she shot a scene with Miles Long in Joey Silvera's Service Animals 4. A few months later, she realized that she did not need an agent and started to represent herself. For just over a month, Haze dated Simon Dope from the nu metal band Dope. They met in 2002 on the set of Taste of a Woman, her first feature film and her first lead. She briefly followed his band on tour until the relationship ended.
In February 2002, Haze appeared in a scene for Jill Kelly Productions (JKP), directed by Jill Kelly herself. Kelly was impressed by her performance and JKP offered Haze an exclusive performing contract. This was soon followed by offers from other companies, but in April 2002 Haze decided to sign with JKP, as they offered the extra flexibility she needed to make money and build her career. The company to her was more than just a business, but a family too. She also enjoyed the idea of having a group of girls around her and working for a company run by a woman. Soon after signing with JKP, she formed a serious relationship with an industry cameraman and began a three-year period of performing exclusively with women. At the 2003 AVN Awards ceremony, Haze was named Best New Starlet and her masturbation scene in Big Bottom Sadie was awarded Best Solo Sex Scene. In 2004, she appeared on the HBO show Pornucopia, a six-part documentary on the pornography industry in California.
Haze became a free agent in April 2005, after deciding not to renew her contract with JKP, partly because Jill Kelly had recently left the company. After leaving JKP and splitting with her boyfriend, Haze returned to working with male performers. The April 2006 release Jenna Haze Darkside featured her first boy-girl scenes in over three years, along with her first interracial scene with Mr. Marcus. The film was produced and directed by her new boyfriend Jules Jordan. Later in the year, she began writing a sex advice column for the pornographic magazine, Fox. She also started feature dancing, represented by the agency Lee Network. The first achievement in her feature dancing career was a nomination for Best Feature Entertainer at the 2007 Night Moves Awards. Her film work was also rewarded in 2007, with AVN Awards for Best Oral Sex Scene (Video) and Best Group Sex Scene (Video), as well as a nomination for Female Performer of the Year. In April 2007, Jenna Haze Oil Orgy became the first adult movie to be released on Blu-ray format. Meanwhile, in the same month, her official website was launched by Premium Multimedia. In the 2007 mainstream comedy film, Superbad, Haze made a short appearance in the role of Vagtastic Voyage Girl #2. She was also among the adult stars featured in the erotic photography book Naked Ambition: An R-Rated Look at an X-Rated Industry, published in November 2007. The special edition of the book included a fine art photograph of Haze signed by the photographer Michael Grecco. In January 2008, her scene with Manuel Ferrara in Evil Anal 2 won the AVN Award for Best Couples Sex Scene (Video). In August 2008, Haze achieved the first feature dancing award of her career winning Adult Movie Entertainer of the Year in the 11th annual Adult Nightclub and Exotic Dancer Awards. On January 10, 2009, Haze and Belladonna hosted the 2009 AVN Awards, and Haze won Female Performer of the Year.
Haze made a short appearance in the action/thriller film Crank: High Voltage as a porn star on strike.
Jennaration X Studios
In 2009 Jenna Haze launched her own production company, Jennaration X Studios, headed by Haze and distributed through Jules Jordan Video. Haze is directing and performing in her production films.
Jennaration X debut film, Cum-Spoiled Sluts, (featuring scenes with Haze, Johnny Sins, Nikki Rhodes and James Deen) was released March 23, 2009, followed by Anal Academics which was released July 6, 2009.
Awards received by Jenna Haze:
- 2003 AVN Award for Best New Starlet
- 2003 AVN Award for Best Solo Sex Scene (Big Bottom Sadie)
- 2006 FAME Award for Fan Favorite Best Butt
- 2007 AVN Award for Best Oral Sex Scene, Video (Jenna Haze Darkside)
- 2007 AVN Award for Best Group Sex Scene, Video (Fashionistas Safado: The Challenge)
- 2007 CAVR Award for Best Movie Performance (Jenna Haze Darkside)
- 2007 XRCO Award for Best On-Screen Chemistry (Fashionistas Safado: The Challenge)
- 2007 FAME Award for Favorite Oral Starlet
- 2008 AVN Award for Best Couple Sex Scene, Video (Evil Anal 2)
- 2008 XRCO Award for Orgasmic Oralist
- 2008 FAME Award for Favorite Anal Starlet
- 2008 Adult Nightclub and Exotic Dancer Awards for Adult Movie Entertainer of the Year
- 2009 AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year
- 2009 AVN Award for Best Tease Performance (Chris Streams' Pretty As They Cum)
- 2009 XBIZ Award for Female Performer of the Year
- 2009 XRCO Award for Female Performer of the Year
- 2009 FAME Award for Dirtiest Girl In Porn
- 2009 FAME Award for Favorite Oral Starlet
- 2009 Nightmoves Award for Best Feature Dancer (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 Hot d'Or Award for Best American Female Performer 
Awards received by the film Jenna Haze Darkside:
- 2006 Empire Awards Viewer's Choice Award
- 2006 Empire Award for Best Gonzo DVD
- 2006 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Awards Fan's Choice for Best All Sex or Gonzo
- 2007 AVN Award for Best Vignette Release
- 2007 XRCO Award for Best Gonzo Release
- 2007 FAME Award for Favorite Gonzo Movie
- 2007 Adam Film World Guide Award for Best Gonzo Movie
Awards received by the film Interactive Sex With Jenna Haze:
- 2008 AVN Award for Best Interactive DVD
- 2008 Empire Award for Best Interactive DVD
- 2008 Empire Award for Best Selling DVD
- 2008 Adam Film World Guide Award for Best Interactive-Sex Movie
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m "AVN :: Jenna Haze". AVN. http://www.avn.com/porn-stars/70976.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b c d e Pipe, Roger T (September 2001). "Jenna Haze Interview". Rog Reviews. http://www.rogreviews.com/interviews/Jenna_Haze.asp. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- ^ a b Rick Ryan. "Interview with Jenna Haze". Qlimax Times Online. http://qlimax.com/jenna-haze.php. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ Jenna Haze at the Internet Adult Film Database
- ^ a b c Heidi Joy Pike (2006-03-30). "Jenna Haze Back In Action for Jules Jordan Video". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/23438.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "About Jenna Haze". Fairvilla.com. http://www.fairvilla.com/events/jennahaze.html. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ a b Ford, Luke (2003-04-08). "Jenna Haze interview". Lukeisback.com. http://www.lukeisback.com/stars/stars/jenna_haze.htm. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Oral Adventures of Craven Moorehead 8 VHS". Excalibur Films. http://www.excaliburfilms.com/AdultVHS/83249V8_Oral_Adventures_of_Craven_Moorehead_8_vhs.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- ^ a b c Christina Radish (2009-04-16). "CRANK 2: HIGH VOLTAGE INTERVIEW WITH JENNA HAZE". IESB.net The Movie Reporter. http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6723&Itemid=99. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- ^ "Jenna Haze: Hazed and Confused". Wanted List. http://www.wantedlist.com/Interviews/JennaHazeFull.aspx. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b c d e f g "AVN Awards Past Winners". AVN.com. http://www.avnawards.com/index.php?content=pastwinners. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Pornucopia Examines Porn Life Through Eyes of Major Players". Adult Video News. 2004-11-15. http://business.avn.com/articles/18634.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Jenna Haze: "I'm a free agent"". AVN. 2005-06-27. http://business.avn.com/articles/21807.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Jenna Haze Turns Sex Advice Columnist". AVN. 2008-07-13. http://business.avn.com/articles/25450.html. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ "Jenna Haze". LeeNetwork.net. http://www.leenetwork.net/catalog/categories.php?cat_id=27. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- ^ "2007 Night Moves Awards nominations". AdultFYI. 2007-07-10. http://adultfyi.com/read.php?ID=23472. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Adult Film Industry May Determine Victor in High Definition DVD Format Wars". Business Wire. 2007-04-09. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2007_April_9/ai_n18792603. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ Jenna Haze pornstar profile and biography
- ^ Daniel Fienberg (2007-12-04). "DVD Review: 'Superbad'". ZAP 2 it. http://www.zap2it.com/dvd/zap-dvdreview-superbad,0,1889160.story?coll=zap-dvd-headlines. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ "Naked Ambition: An R-Rated Look at an X-Rated Industry". NakedAmbition.com. http://www.nakedambition.com/jennahaze/. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b c Rutter, Jared. "2008 AVN Awards Winners Announced". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/2759.html. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ a b Dan Miller (2008-08-28). "Carmen Hart, Jenna Haze Capture Exotic Dancer Awards". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/31985.html. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- ^ David Sullivan (2008-10-07). "Belladonna, Jenna Haze to Host 2009 AVN Awards". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/32699.html. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- ^ a b c David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/34090.html. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- ^ Steve Javors, Jenna Haze Launches Jennaration X Studios. XBIZ News Report.
- ^ Jenna Haze presents Cum-Spoiled Sluts
- ^ Jenna Haze presents Anal Academics
- ^ "FAME Finalists". thefameawards.com. http://www.thefameawards.com/2006/nominees.aspx. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b "Hillary Scott Sets Record at 23rd XRCO Awards". AVN. 2007-04-06. http://business.avn.com/articles/8131.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b Peter Warren (2007-06-23). "2007 F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/2609.html. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ David Sullivan (2008-05-01). "XRCO Announces 2008 Award Winners". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/29952.html. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- ^ David Sullivan, Peter Warren (2008-06-07). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/30630.html. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- ^ Todd Hunter (2009-02-13). "XBIZ Awards Winners Announced". XBiz.com. http://www.xbiz.com/news/104730. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- ^ "2009 XRCO Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2009-04-17. http://business.avn.com/articles/35035.html. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ a b "F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2009-06-14. http://business.avn.com/articles/35575.html. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- ^ Steve Javors (2009-10-14). "NightMoves Announces Awards Winners". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/113681. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Paul Fishbein (2009-10-21). "Pirates II, Evil Angel Big Winners at 2009 Hot d’Or Awards". Adult Video News. http://business.avn.com/articles/36568.html. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- ^ a b David Sullivan (2008-07-13). "Adult DVD Empire Announces 2006 Award Winners". Adult Video News. http://business.avn.com/articles/7710.html. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ^ a b "2006 Empire Awards Winners". empireawards.com. http://www.empireawards.com/2006winners.asp. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ Dirty Bob (2006-10-09). "Nightmoves Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. http://business.avn.com/articles/6059.html. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ^ Preston, Bob (2007-03-30). "Adam Film World Guide Announces Annual Porn Awards Winners". XBiz.com. http://www.xbiz.com/news/21009. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ^ a b "2007 Empire Awards Winners". empireawards.com. http://www.empireawards.com/index2.asp?userid=. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- ^ a b Jared Rutter (2008-02-22). "Operation Desert Stormy Leads Adult DVD Empire Award Winners". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/1523.html. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- ^ Nelson X (2008-04-25). "Adam Film World Announces Annual Award Winners". Adult Video News. http://business.avn.com/articles/29872.html. Retrieved 2008-05-01.