A post office opened at King's River from 1856 to 1859. A
post office opened at Smith's Ferry in 1865, renamed to King's
River in 1866, changed its name to Kingriver in 1895, and closed
for good in 1905.
^ abcdDurham, David L. (1998).
California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and
Modern Names of the State. Quill Driver Books. p. 1096.