From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Swimmers enter water at Spanish beach.
This is a list of
social nudity places in Europe for recreation.
Includes free beaches (or clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some
- Bredene, tram stop
Bredene Renbaan (Hippodroom): sandy beach (the only nude beach in
the country, since 2001)
A few internet resources follows:
Estonian naturist beaches are overseen by NGO Estnat. No tickets
- Tallinn, an unofficial,
but tolerated naturist beach. Situated about 3 km north-east
of the ferry port, at the very northern end of textiler beach.
Has a unisex nudist beach, consisting almost entirely of rocky cliffs, with no sand. Not very suitable for swimming.
Separate nudist beaches for men and women. No unisex nudist
- Yyteri: A very small part
of the main Yyteri beach is designated as a unisex nudist beach. A
flat beach covered in sand and much more suitable for swimming than
Naturist beach at Port Leucate (Aude),France, which illustrates the
mixed clothing habits on leading French beaches
- Many naturist resorts exist on the Atlantic coast, e.g. CHM-Montalivet, Euronat, La Jenny.
- Cap d'Agde, Quartier Naturiste (Nudist
Quarter): sandy beach, several swimming pools, but also nude
shopping, etc. , map
- Île du
Levant - Héliopolis
- Pampelonne near Saint-Tropez
- There are beaches on many rivers, some well known, some
informal: Céze, Ardeche, Truyère
- There are resorts in the Alpes, Pyrenees, Cevennes
- Orient Beach on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin (part of
- The more well known coastal nudist Beaches in
- Topfreedom is tolerated (and common) on
almost all beaches.
- Naturisme.fr - Search
engine for naturism in France, page in English
- www.euro-naturisme.com - Search engine for
naturism in France and Europe, page in French, English, German
Naturist beach in Germany.
- Apart from urban areas and official baths, nude bathing is
usual in Germany: unofficial nudist areas exist at most lakes and
rivers, and other sites, such as abandoned rock quarries.
- Many designated FKK areas exist at the seaside, at lakes and in
baths, especially in the former East Germany, where nudism remains more
widespread than in the west.
- Families especially like to spend their leisure time in
naturist areas; sauna bathing is
generally practiced in the nude.
- Even in cities there are clothing-optional areas, e.g. the Schönfeldwiese in the Englischer Garten in
Munich, near the city centre;
also, the southern part of Feldmochinger See, in the northwestern
suburb, the peninsula in Lake Feringasee in the Northeast and the
Flaucher at the river Isar south
of the city center of Munich.
- nacktbaden.de is a very comprehensive and
regularly updated German index of nudist areas.
German city located near the French border. This city has many
natural mineral springs and numerous clothes free bath houses are
located. An excellent starting point in Germany.
Komos Beach on the south coast of Crete, near Matala
- Naturism is practised widely in the Greek Islands although,
strictly speaking, legal only in a relatively few designated
locations but almost on all islands there are unofficial nudist
beaches; The most comprehensive information about Greek nudist
beaches can be found in Captain Barefoot's Naturist Guide. 
Greeknaturism.com contains list of nudist beaches around Greece, a
forum, photos of beaches and general info
-  contains a
listing of suitable beaches with photographs.
- Crete - the beach of Glyka Nera near Loutro
- Crete - Plakias -
south-eastern part of the beach
- Crete - - North from Matala, a very long nude beach - south part of
the beach used by clothed people
- Crete - Sougia - eastern
part of the beach
- Santorini - Vlychada beach - southern part of the beach
- Northern Sporades - Skopelos island - Velanio
- Topfree is tolerated on almost all
The most significant places:
Smaller ones: Egerszalók, Látóképi-tó, Dunaszekcsö,
Omszki-tó, Lupa-tavak (Budakalász), Debreceni-tó (Nyékládháza), Nemesbük, Mindszent, Szalkszentmárton etc.
- Calabria, Isola
di Capo Rizzuto, Pizzo Greco camping.
- Emilia-Romagna, spiaggia naturista
ufficiale del Lido di Dante, is a beach plenty of voyeur male
and hedonist couples that hide in the rear forestal area
pineta. Is not a relaxing place and is not suitable for
children. Located at 44°23′20″N 12°18′00″E / 44.38889°N
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia , Cava
Casali beach near Sistiana
and Duino (Trieste) – km. 137
state road 14.
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia , Costa dei
Barbari beach near Sistiana and Duino (Trieste) – km. 139 state road 14.
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia , Filtri
beach near Sistiana and
Grignano (Trieste)– km. 143 state road 14.
- Lazio , Arenauta beach near
Sperlonga– km. 24,5
state road 213.
- Roma, to the south-west, on
the Tirrenian sea, is found the Oasi Naturista di
Capocotta. Official naturist beach on the coast between Ostia and Torvaianica.
- Roma, to the north is located
the small lake Lake Martignano, near Falconeto and Anguillara
Sabazia. Entrance from the Anguillarese road, beach located at
42°06′30″N 12°19′30″E / 42.10833°N
side to the right of the main beach, very far from the entrance, is
reserved to naturism (avoid bringing children, dogs, music).
- Sardinia Hundreds of
small, secluded beaches can occasionally become naturist corners.
Traditional places are the beaches Cala di Volpe, Liscia di
Vacca, to the north of Pitrizza Hotel and Piccolo Pevero beach,
the far side to the right after the rocks.
- Sicily, camping lo
scoglio, Castel di Tusa (Messina) this camping has a naturist area and
- Sicily, spiaggia del
Canneto beach, located at 38°30′00″N 14°57′00″E / 38.5°N
14.95°E in Lipari island, far from the north
coast of Sicily.
- Sicily, hotel Raya and beaches in Panarea island, at 38°38′15″N 15°04′00″E / 38.6375°N
- Tuscany - In the giant
sandy beach Marina di Alberese, near Grosseto, there is an area where nudism is
legalised, around 42°38′00″N 11°05′00″E / 42.6333333°N
The area is very far (2 km) from the carpark, and has NO
- Tuscany, the middle part
of the giant beach Feniglia (where the painter Caravaggio died, in the
forest behind the beach), with its center at 42°25′00″N 11°13′30″E / 42.4166667°N
Argentario peninsula, near Grosseto.
- Tuscany, in Elba island, the beaches Acquarilli
Capoliveri and Fetovaia.
- Venice, beach in Isola
del Morto island, near Eraclea.
There are several locations in Ireland for nude recreation.
Please see: http://www.irishnaturism.org/imagemap.php, for
Latvian naturist beaches are overseen by the `Latvian Naturist
- Vecāķi official naturist beach. The biggest of Latvia's
naturist beaches, situated a little way north of Vecāķi village. To
get there from Riga take the Riga-Saulkrasti railway line and get
off at Vecāķi or bus Nr200&204.
- Inčupe naturist beach. A medium sized beach, situated near the
line on the southern bank of the Inčupe river about 50 km from
- Lielupe beach. A small,
unofficial naturist beach, on the left bank of the Lielupe river
- Ventspils city has
an official naturist beach.
- Liepāja unofficial
naturist beach. Also quite small, situated about 3 km south of
Naturist beaches in Lithuania are overseen by local
- Palanga beach - A small,
unofficial naturist beach, about 30 km from the Latvian
border. Naturists only use this place at certain hours of the
- Klaipeda naturist beach - A large official
naturist beach. Access by ferry going to Delfinarium (Sea Museum)
situated on the Curonian Spit.
- Nida naturist beach - A very
large, official naturist beach. Located on the north shore of the
Curonian Spit, just a few kilometers east of the border of Russian
- Ada Bojana, the
biggest nudist beach in the country
- Jaz, the
southernmost part of the beach used to be declared nudist but was
made regular in 2007
- Ratac, is outside Bar in the direction of Budva
- Njivice, a village on the south-western shore of the Bay of
Hecrg Novi (Boka Kotorska bay) the nudist beach is located on Hotel
- Almere, Zilverstrand
Amsterdams Bos, officially designated nudist area called Zonneweide
(from April 1 through September 30)
- Bloemendaal aan Zee, nude beach at
the north part of the beach
- Callantsoog, sandy beach
1.5 km to the south - the oldest official nude beach in the
country, dating from 1973
- Delft, Grote Plas, northeast
- Rijswijk, Wilhelmina
Park, south side (map)
The Hague, sandy beach
1 km to the north
- The Hague, Zuiderstrand, approx. 300 m of sandy beach
- Kijkduin, The Hague, 2
- IJmuiden, nude beach
at the south part of the beach
- Zandvoort, sandy
beach 2 km to the south
- for more, see , ; beach
locations are defined by km-pole numbers, indicated on wooden poles
every 250 m. See map (zip-file) with beach
from Den Helder to Hoek van Holland, showing these numbers and
also public transport info.
- Municipalities with a beach (usually including quiet parts)
tend to have a nudist beach; even if the municipality does not like
it, it designates a quiet part as such in order to be able to
forbid nudity on the rest of the beach.
- In the Netherlands tanning top free is legal on almost all
The Scandinavian Naturist Portal This Naturist
Portal covers naturism in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and they have
a list of nude beaches along
with a Google Earth KZM file.
Nudist beaches at Neptun,
Costinesti, 2 Mai and Vama Veche sea resorts, on the Black Sea.
Topfree is tolerated on almost all beaches.
- Parson's Pleasure, Oxford (closed in 1991)
- Holkham Beach, Norfolk
Beach, near Lowestoft,
- St Osyth, near Clacton-on-Sea,
- Highgate Ponds, Hampstead Heath, London
- Leysdown East Beach, Isle of
Sheppey, North Kent
Glen, near Hastings,
- Birling Gap, between Eastbourne and Seaford, East Sussex
- Brighton, East
- Eastney Beach, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Blackgang Beach, near Blackgang Chine, Isle of Wight
- Studland Bay, Dorset - most famous UK nudist beach, now
officially approved (after years of controversy) by landowner the
Bay, Weymouth, Dorset
- Weston Mouth,
near Sidmouth, South Devon
- Budleigh Salterton, South Devon
- Slapton Sands, between Dartmouth and
- Downderry, South
Places in Europe