From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Love Sex aur Dhokha
||Anshuman Jha, Shruti, Raj Kumar Yadav, Neha Chauhan, Amit Sial, Arya & Herry Tangdi
Balaji Motion Pictures
||19th March 2010
||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)
Love Sex aur Dhokha is a 2010 Hindi film about voyeurism. The film is directed by Dibakar Banerjee and is produced by Alt Entertainment. The movie is scheduled to release in March 2010, and based on the infamous 2004 DPS MMS scandal .
It is essentially about how we have become a generation of voyeurs and flashers simultaneously. The film is about keyhole. On one side of the keyhole is a guy who is peeping in and on other side, there is a person who is hoping that someone is peeping in, and then its us, who are seeing all this. And it is adding bizarre subtext to our society. On television, newspapers, other media, we are obsessed with the most meaningless trivia of what other people are doing about their life.
The film is a roller coaster ride told through the chaos of the camera that has invaded all our lives – through handy cams filming home movies, security cameras shooting every inch of existence, mobile phones transmitting love messages, sting cameras uncovering uncomfortable truths.
- In a small film institute somewhere deep in the redneck hinterland of North India, a final year student gears up for his diploma film. In pristine tackiness, with an amateur small town cast, Rahul starts etching out the perennial themes of Great Star Studded Backlit Bollywood Love in his magnum opus…And then he falls in love with his heroine, Shruti.
- Somewhere in the same city, Adarsh – the all knowing, tech savvy, never short of words, security camera agency exec – installs four security cameras in a small upcoming 24-hour departmental store franchise. Always floating bizarre scam ideas to get rich, Adarsh hits upon the idea of making a porn clip through the security cameras in the shop. He starts to woo Rashmi – the plain, pimply, dark and quiet salesgirl – almost disinterested in her… when suddenly, a shootout happens in the store! Rashmi hares around, totally in charge, and saves a life. For the first time, Adarsh notices a woman in Rashmi!
- In another corner of the city, Prabhat – a misogynist sting journalist – teeters on the brink of total meltdown. Going through a divorce, about to be fired from his job, he attempts a series of failed suicides… On one of them, he meets Naina who is also trying to commit suicide – she had been promised a music video by Loki Local, India’s reigning Bhangra Hip Hop star… she slept with him for the same but the video finally went to a Russian blonde. Prabhat can see the sting right in front of his eyes! Prabhat and Naina come closer over a series of attempts to seduce, blackmail, threaten Loki. They plan the final sting where Loki will be caught on tape trying to buy footage of his indiscretions
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama reviewed positively saying, "On the whole, LOVE SEX AUR DHOKHA is original, innovative and ground-breaking cinema, which will shock and provoke you. The film is definitely not for the faint-hearted or those who swear by stereotypical fares, but for those who yearn for a change." and rated it 4 out of 5 stars..
- Production Design: Mustafa Stationwala
- Costume Design: Manoshi Nath, Rushi Sharma
- Sound designer: Pritam Das
- Creative Producer: Urmi Juvekar
- Supervising Producer: Cauvery Rajagopal
- Line Producer: Pooja Gupta