From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Magic Kingdom Parade is a large theatrical presentation at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World which dates back to the beginning of the theme park.
It is composed of many floats, each of which has its own theme music which is synchronised with a rhythm track that plays underneath the theme music for all floats simultaneously. As the floats move through the park, the appropriate theme music plays through loudspeakers on each float as well as through land-based loudspeakers along the route. A complex electronic tracking system manages the sound so that the correct theme music plays alongside each float as it travels by and pans from one group of loudspeakers to the next synchronously.
Magic Kingdom Parades
- America on Parade (June 6, 1975 - September 6, 1976)
- Mickey's 50th Birthday Parade (1978)
- Dumbo's Circus Parade (January 2, 1979 - December 21, 1979)
- Tencennial Parade (October 1, 1981 - September 30, 1982) A parade celebrating the 10th anniversary of Walt Disney World. Theme song was "Disney World is Your World".
- Mickey Mouse Character Parade (October 1983 - May 1984)
- Donald's 50th Birthday Parade (1984)
- Mickey's Street Party (January 1985 - 1986)
- 15 Years of Magic (October 1, 1986 - September 1987)
- All-America Parade (1987), possibly Spirit of America Parade
- Disney Character Hit Parade (1989 - September, 1991)
- 20th Anniversary "Surprise" Celebration Parade (September 22, 1991 - December 1992) this parade was renamed surprise celebration parade when the 20th Anniversary celebration ended
- Surprise Celebration (January 1992 - June 1994) New name for the "20th Anniversary Surprise Celebration" when the 20th Anniversary Celebration ended
- Mickey Mania (June 1, 1994 - September 30, 1996)
- 25th Anniversary "Remember the Magic" Parade (October 1, 1996 - September 30, 1997) became "Disney's Magical Moments Parade" when the 25th Anniversary Celebration ended
- Disney's Magical Moments Parade (October 1, 1997 - September 30, 2001)
- Share a Dream Come True Parade (October 1, 2001 - August 9, 2006) became "Disney Dreams Come True Parade"
- Main Street Trolley Parade (February 2003 - Present)
- Disney Dreams Come True Parade (August 10, 2006 - January 22, 2009) became Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
- Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade (January 23, 2009 - Present)
- Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! (February 12, 2009 - Present)
Special Event and Holiday Parades
- Mickey's Christmas Cavalcade (? - 1993) an early incarnation of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade ended in 1993. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade reused some of the music and made new float theme. Neither parade used an underliner.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade (1994 - 2006) replaced by Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade (2007 - present)
Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade held every year on Christmas Morning on the Disney-owned ABC
Dreams Come True Parades
The Share A Dream Come True Parade which ran from 2001 until 2006 was taken over by Disney Dreams Come True Parade in 2006 and finished on January 22, 2009. The two parade names are very similar and often get mistaken for each other. The Share A Dream Come True Parade had the Disney style floats with original music and characters but incorporated snowglobes which held many of the characters in. The Disney Dreams Come True Parade was similar to the previous parade, though many of the floats were changed, and had no snowglobes. This parade also had new soundtrack which was already being used for Disney's Dreams on Parade... Moving On at Tokyo Disneyland.
The Share A Dream Come True Parade music can be found on the Magic in the Streets: Parade Memories CD.
Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade
The Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade took over on January 23, 2009. The parade incorporates the new What Will You Celebrate Theme that both the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland are using.