From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marcel Vigneron (born May 3, 1980)  is an American chef, and is perhaps best known as the runner-up of the second season of Top Chef, placing behind Ilan Hall.
Background and Top Chef
Vigneron is originally from Bainbridge, Washington, and currently resides in the Los Angeles area. At the time of his appearance on Top Chef, he was a Master Cook at Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, Nevada. As of November 2008, he is a sous chef at The Bazaar in the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. He was educated at the Culinary Institute of America at the same time as Ilan Hall, and had a fellowship as a sous chef at the Institute's restaurant.
Post Top Chef
Vigneron, after identifying himself, was assaulted and struck on the face with a bottle by a Top Chef viewer at a nightclub. On August 23, 2008, Vigneron was arrested in Laguna Beach, California, for suspicion of DUI after being pulled over for speeding.
In March 2010 it was announced that Vigneron will star in Marcel's Quantum Kitchen a reality television show that will air on the Syfy cable network. 
- ^ Marcel Vigneron, BRAVOtv.com
- ^ Bonvissuto, Danny (November 12, 2008), "Grub Street: ‘Top Chef’: Where Are They Now?", New York Magazine, http://nymag.com/daily/food/2008/11/top_chef_where_are_they_now.html
- ^ Patterson, Spencer (2008-06-05). "Now we're cooking". Las Vegas Weekly (Greenspun Media Group). http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2008/jun/05/now-were-cooking/. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- ^ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/top_chef_2/2007_Jan_22_marcel_hit_ilan_friends
- ^ Hart, Kelli (2008-08-26). "'Top Chef' runner-up arrested on suspicion of DUI". OC Register (Orange County Register Communications). http://www.ocregister.com/articles/vigneron-saturday-beach-2136784-laguna-top. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- ^ Forbes, Paula (March 17, 2010). "Top Chef's Marcel Vigneron Gets Syfy Show". EatMeDaily.com. http://www.eatmedaily.com/2010/03/top-chefs-marcel-vigneron-gets-syfy-show/.