From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mira Road (Marathi: मीरा रोड) is one of the suburbs in Thane District, India. It is located at Thane, to the western line of Mumbai Suburban Railway and is governed by the Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC).
Mira Road is situated on the island of Salcette.
Mira Road is divided mainly into two parts: Mira Road (East) and Mira Road (West); separated by the Western Railway line.
Earlier, Mira Road (East) was divided into three main parts, Shanti Nagar, Shrishti Complex and Naya Nagar. In recent times, several new localities like Sheetal Nagar, Ganga Complex, Sanghvi Complex, Bharti Park, Ramdev Park, Sanghavi Nagar, Hatkesh, Silver Park, Pleasant Park, Geeta Nagar, RNA Courtyard, Golden Nest, Mukund Ritu, Jangid, Beverly Park, Evershine Enclave, Shanti Gardens and Poonam Sagar, Poonam Garden, Poonam Vihar Complex, Royal Complex(Shreepati Towers), Lodha Complex (Mariam Manzil)have come up.
It enjoys all the facilities and infrastructure like 24 hour power supply from Reliance, telephone services from MTNL, piped gas from Mahanagar Gas, and bus services from BEST. State Transport and Thane Municipal Transport buses run between Mira Road and Thane. Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation has started its own bus service under the title of Mira Bhayandar Municipal Transport [MBMT]. Recently BEST has also started AC bus service from Mira Road (E) station to Nehru Planatorium.
Mira Road is one of the fastest growing areas in Mumbai. Thakur Mall, Cine Max, Rassaz Mall, Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Asmita supermarket, Spinach, Vijay Sales and various other shopping outlets like globus, star bazzar, reebok are present at this place. Maxus Mall has a six screen theater along with the Big Bazaar outlet. This is the biggest mall in Mira-Bhayandar.
Mira Road also houses one of the biggest commercial and residential complex ( ORCHID OZONE ) located on the western Express Highway.
The complex by RNA builders
When Mumbai's real estate prices began escalating during 1970s, the middle-class started moving to suburbs like Virar and Vasai. However; Mira Road, was, at the time, primarily an agricultural area. In addition, being part of a Gram Panchayat, it did not really spur builders to consider large-scale development in the area. As a result, no one moved into Mira Road but within a few years a corporation was established and townships began developing which acted as a stimuli for progress.
By 1980, builders had started buying agricultural land and developing townships. With the Mira Road- Bhayandar Municipal Corporation lending a helping hand to provide basic facilities, the Mira Road population began growing and has gradually increased over the last ten years. There is also a better connectivity to Western Express highway, an important road in Mumbai. These factors have been instrumental in people choosing to live in Mira Road.
Mira Road has fast developed into an important residential locality due to its good civic amenities.
Malls and Shopping
- Thakur Mall, Western express highway, Mira Road.
- Cine Max, Beverly park.
- Rasazz Mall, Evershine Nagar.
- D-Mart, Mira-bhayander Road.
- Vijay Sales & Electronic Store, Mira-bhayander Road.
- Mera Ghar.
- Manraj Giat Market, Opposite Shanti Enclave.
- Vishal Mega Mart.
- Snehanjali Electronic Store, Sheetal Nagar.
- Next electronic Store.(multiple outlets)
- Croma Electronic Store, Thakur Mall.
- Archies, Sheetal nagar & Thakur Mall.
- Loot, Sect-1 Shantinagar.
- Boon, Opp Shivar Garden.
- Surya Shopping Centre
- Maginot Computer Retail Store
- (Kids' Innovative Threshold Education) KITE SCHOOL, Poonam Sagar Complex
- Eurokids, Shanti Park
- Kidzee, Poonam Sagar Complex
- Our Lady Of Nazareth High School (Bhayander west)
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Vidyalaya
- Shanti Nagar High School
- Holy Cross Convent School
- N.L.Dalmia High school
- St. Xavier's High school
- R.B.K. School
- Vedanta International High school & Junior college of Science & Commerce,
- St.Paul's High School, Nityanand Nagar
- N.H English Academy,Naya Nagar
- St.Joseph High School ,Shanti park
- Gracious High School ,Poonam Sagar Complex
- St Harris , Naya Nagar
- Don bosco High School, Silver Park
- Banegar High School
- IP KIDZ PLACE
COLLEGE & Other Institutions
RAM MURAT SINGH EDUCATIONAL TRUST,MUMBAI
- Mumbai college of hotel management and catering technology
- Mumbai college of management , technology and Research
- Mumbai Institute of Film and tel. Art
- Royal College of Arts, Science & Commerce
- Asmita College of Architecture
- N.L.Dalmia Institute of Management studies & Research.
- Unlimited Creative Innovation
- Maginot Institute of Hardware & Networking
- Maginot English Speaking Academy
MBMT 14 - Bhayander Railway Station E - Borivali Station via Dahisar Check Naka (Penkarpada), Kashimira via Highway Bhayander Railway Station E - Dahisar Check Naka (Penkarpada) via Mira Road Station E
TOURS & TRAVELS
VANOOR TOURS & TRAVELS - www.vanoor.com Add : Surya Shopping Center, Srishti.
- GCC Club, Off Mira Bhayandar Road, Mira Road(East)
- Asmita Club, Near Rassaz Mall, Naya Nagar, Mira Road(East).
- Sai Krupa Mediacal Care, Diagnosis and Nursing Home,Sect-2, Shantinagar.
- Orbit Specality, Kashimira Highway.
- Sanjeevani Maternity and Child Care,Sect-2, Shantinagar.
- Sanjeevani Life Care, Sheetal Nagar.
- Bhanktivedanta Hospital, Shrusti.
- Dr.Drago's Life Line Hospital and Maternity, Siddharth Nagar.
- Life Care Hospital, Noopur.
- Sai Arishvard, Evershine Nagar.
- Tunga Hospital, Opp Shivar Garden.
- Chetanya Nursing Home, Sect-4, Shantinagar.
- Dr.Parmar's Orthopedic Center,Phase 3.Poonam Nagar.
- Suchak Hospital.
- DR. pooja's child care hospital
- Dr. Pravin Rangari's Vipassana Hospital, Sheetal Nagar, Telephone Exchange Road, Mira Road
Eateries & Restaurants
- Domminos Pizza, Mira-Bhayander Road.
- Papa John's, Thakur Mall.
- Express Pizza Hut, Rassaz Mall
- Smoking Joe's, Jangid towers.
- Pizza Way, Mira-Bhyander Highway.
- Sea Lounge Restaurant and Bar Near Mira Road Railway Station.
- Golden Chariot Dining and Bar.
- Timeless Dining and Bar.
- Cafe Coffee Day, Naya Nagar & Thakur Mall.
- R.K Inn Dining and Bar. Bhakti Park.
- Shahi Family Restaurant.
- Payade-Soven Dining and Bar.
- Su-Swagat Family Restaurant and Bar, Poonam Sagar Complex.
- Parivar Veg Restaurant, Poonam Sagar Complex.
- Western Dining, Ghodbunder Road.
- Dhara's Dhaba Dining and Bar, Ghodbunder Road.
- Om Sai Palace Dining and Bar, Ghodbunder Road.
- Palli Village Dining and Bar, Ghodbunder Road.
- Spice Garden Dining and Bar, Off Ghodbunder Road.
- Veggies, Kashimira Highway.
- Casadella Bakers and Restaurants, Poonam Sagar Complex.
- Pink Dragon Restaurant,Sheetal Nagar.
- Niku's Chinese Corner, Surya Shopping Center, Shrushti Complex.
- Pritams, Surya Shopping Center, Shrushti Complex.
Places of Worship
BETHANY TAMIL CHURCH (C.N.I)Near MIG Society, Opp S.K Stones Bus stop and this church members are very friendly and welcoming.
- ISKCON temple, Shri Shri Radha-Giridhari Mandir, Near Dalmia School,Shristi
- Saint Joseph's Church (Krista Shanti Dham), Sheetal Nagar
- Al Shams Masjid - Naya Nagar
- Aziziya Masjid - Naya Nagar
- Sri Swaminarayan Mandir, Sector 10, Shanti Nagar
- Shri Sai Baba Mandir, Silver Park
- Bethany Tamil Church (C.N.I)Near MIG Society,opp S.K Stones Bus stop
- St. Gregorious Orthodox Church, Queens Park 
- St. Joseph's Marthoma Church, Mercy Nagar
- Ganesh Mandir, Sheetal Nagar
- Fatima Masjid, Naya Nagar
- Jain Mandir, Shanti Nagar
- Sri Guru Nanak Darbar, Shanti Nagar
- Ahle Hadith Masjid, Mira Bhayandar Road , Near Bridge
- Ittehadul Muslemeen Masjid, Sector 11, Shanti Nagar
- Shiv Mandir, Sector 9, Shanti nagar
- Aiyappa Temple next to Shreepati towers,Royal complex
- Shree Laxmi Park Mandir, Shree Laxmi Park, Near Cinemax Theater
- Ganesh Mandir in Narmada Paradise,Near Thunga hospital, Evershine
- Laxmi Narayan Bhajana Samiti, Unity complex, Bharti park
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses,Conducted in Hindi, English and Sign language.Sheetal Nagar, Mira Road.
- Poonam Sagar Complex Mosque
- Haidary Mosque, Naya Nagar
- Umar Masjid, Lodha Complex
GURDWARA AT MIRA ROAD http://www.mira-road.com/1_29_Gurdwara-Guru-Nanak-Darbar.html