The Full Wiki

Advertisements

More info on Mulegns

Mulegns: Wikis

Advertisements
  

Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article! This article doesn't yet, but we're working on it! See more info or our list of citable articles.

Encyclopedia

Advertisements

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mulegns
Mulegns -
Country Switzerland Coat of Arms of Mulegns
Canton Graub├╝nden
District Albula
46┬░31ÔÇ▓N 9┬░37ÔÇ▓E´╗┐ / ´╗┐46.517┬░N 9.617┬░E´╗┐ / 46.517; 9.617Coordinates: 46┬░31ÔÇ▓N 9┬░37ÔÇ▓E´╗┐ / ´╗┐46.517┬░N 9.617┬░E´╗┐ / 46.517; 9.617
Population 26 (December 2007)
  - Density 1 /km2 (2 /sq mi)
Area 33.80 km2 (13.05 sq mi)
Elevation 1,481 m (4,859 ft)
Postal code 7455
SFOS number 3534
Surrounded by Avers, Bivio, Ferrera, Marmorera, Riom-Parsonz, Savognin, Sur, Tinizong-Rona
Mulegns is located in Switzerland
Mulegns
Mulegns

Mulegns is a municipality in the district of Albula in the canton of Graub├╝nden in Switzerland.

Contents

History

Around 600-500 BC, a copper mine and smelter were built in the Val Faller (Faller valley) near modern Mulegns. The village was founded by a Walser group during the 15th Century. It was first mentioned in 1521.[1]

Geography

Piz Platta, near Mulegns

Mulegns has an area, as of 2006, of 33.8 square kilometers (13.1 sq mi). Of this area, 30.1% is used for agricultural purposes, while 9.8% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.4% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (59.6%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).[2]

The municipality is located in the Surses sub-district of the Albula district. It is along the road to the Julier Pass (the Julienstrasse) at the entrance to a side valley of the Val Faller. Until 1943 Mulegns was known as M├╝hlen.[3]

Demographics

Mulegns has a population (as of 2007) of 26, all Swiss. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -23.5%.[2]

As of 2000, the gender distribution of the population was 50.0% male and 50.0% female.[4] The age distribution, as of 2000, in Mulegns is; 3 people or 9.1% of the population are between 0 to 9 years old. 1 person or 3.0% is 10 to 14, and 2 people or 6.1% are 15 to 19. Of the adult population, no one is between 20 to 29 years old. 6 people or 18.2% are 30 to 39, 1 person or 3.0% is 40 to 49, and 5 people or 15.2% are 50 to 59. The senior population distribution is 8 people or 24.2% of the population are between 60 to 69 years old, 6 people or 18.2% are 70 to 79, there is 1 person or 3.0% who is 80 to 89.[5]

In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the CVP which received 63.3% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the SVP (20%), the FDP (8.3%) and the FDP (8.3%).[2]

The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Mulegns about 62.5% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either University or a Fachhochschule).[2]

Mulegns has an unemployment rate of 1.56%. As of 2005, there were 12 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 5 businesses involved in this sector. people are employed in the secondary sector and there are businesses in this sector. 1 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 1 businesses in this sector.[2]

The historical population is given in the following table:[1][4]

year population
1850 120
1900 146
1950 109
1960 57
1970 66
1980 50
1990 37
2000 106

Languages

Most of the population (as of 2000) speaks Rhaeto-Romance (57.6%), with the rest speaking German(42.4%).[2]

Languages in Mulegns
Languages Census 1980 Census 1990 Census 2000
Number Percent Number Percent Number Percent
German 4 8.00 % 10 27.03 % 14 42.42 %
Romanish 46 92.00 % 27 72.97 % 19 57.58 %
Italian 0 0.00 % 0 0.00 % 0 0.00 %
Population 50 100 % 37 100 % 33 100 %

References

  1. ^ a b Mulegns in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
  2. ^ a b c d e f Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 30-Sep-2009
  3. ^ Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 23 September 2009
  4. ^ a b Graubunden in Numbers (German) accessed 21 September 2009
  5. ^ Graubunden Population Statistics (German) accessed 21 September 2009
This article incorporates information from the equivalent article on the German Wikipedia.

External links


Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message