The Full Wiki

More info on MuxCo Lincolnshire

MuxCo Lincolnshire: Wikis

Advertisements

Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article! This article doesn't yet, but we're working on it! See more info or our list of citable articles.

Encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MuxCo (Lincolnshire)
Licensed area Lincolnshire & Humber Estuary
Frequency 10D (215.072 MHz)
Air date Yet to Launch
Owner MuxCo / Lincs FM
Website www.muxco.com


MuxCo (Lincolnshire), as the name suggests is the name of the DAB multiplex operator for Lincolnshire. It serves and area similar to the analogue area served by Lincs FM.

It is a consortium made up of two companies - Lincs FM PLC owning 51% with transmitter company National Grid Wireless owning the other 49%.

The DAB licence was advertised by Ofcom on October 24th 2007. At the close on January 23rd 2008, the reguator had received only one application, from MuxCo (Lincolnshire). They had to wait until February 19th 2008, before they were confirmed as having won the licence.

Four transmitters are confirmed as carrying the platform; Belmont, Lincolnshire Hospital, Grantham & High Hunsley. As required, the local BBC service BBC Lincolnshire has to be carried on this platform.

Services Expected to be on the platform

[1] (Adjusted to reflect the way UK radio is now)

Unless indicated, the following services are expected to be carried on both frequencies.

Service Service Type Signal Bit-Rate NOTES
BBC Lincolnshire BBC Local service Joint Stereo 128 kbps Also on FM - 94.9 (main) & 104.7 (Grantham) & AM - 1368
Lincs FM Full Local Service Joint Stereo 128 kbps Also on FM - 102.2 (Main), 97.6 (Scunthorpe) & 96.7 (Grantham)
Compass FM Full Local Service Joint Stereo 128 kbps Also on FM - 96.4 (Grimsby)
Lincs Country Country Music Joint Stereo 128 kbps Provided by Lincs FM PLC
Easy Radio Easy Listening Music mono 96 kbps Provided by London Media Company (Sunrise)
Shuffle Youth Joint Stereo 128 kbps Provided by MuxCo
UCB UK Religious mono 96 kbps Available on Digital One.
Traffic Radio Travel Reports mono 48 kbps Travel Service
Podcast Service various mono 16-80 kbps Depending on service.

Transmitter Sites

These are the only confirmed transmitter sites at present: [2]

Transmitter KW AREA
Belmont  ? Depending on strength.
Lincolnshire Hospital  ? Lincoln
Grantham  ? Grantham
High Hunsley  ? Humber Estuary

References

  1. ^ radiotoday.co.uk
  2. ^ muxco website 2009
Advertisements

Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message