Palmer Archipelago, also known as Antarctic Archipelago, Archipiélago Palmer, Antarktiske Arkipel or Palmer Inseln, is a group of islands off the northwestern coast of the Antarctic Peninsula of the British Antarctic Territory. It extends from Tower Island in the north to Anvers Island in the south. It is separated by the Gerlache and Bismarck straits.
Palmer Archipelago is located at.
Adrien de Gerlache, leader of the Belgian Antarctic Expedition (1897-1899), discovered the archipelago during 1898. He named it Archipelago Palmer for Captain Nathaniel Palmer, who navigated these waters during 1820.