|Station crest of RAF Linton-on-Ouse|
|IATA: HRT – ICAO: EGXU|
|Operator||Royal Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||53 ft / 16 m|
RAF Linton-on-Ouse (IATA: HRT, ICAO: EGXU) is a Royal Air Force station at Linton-on-Ouse near York in Yorkshire, England. It is currently a major flying training centre, one of the RAF's busiest airfields. It has satellite stations at RAF Topcliffe, RAF Church Fenton and RAF Dishforth.
The station motto "A Flumine Impugnamus" translates from the Latin as "From the mighty river we strike".
The station's mission statement is:
Our mission is to train tomorrow's fast-jet aircrew
When the Second World War began, bombers were launched from Linton to drop propaganda leaflets over Germany and the base was eventually used to launch bombing raids on Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, and Italy. Linton was one of 11 stations allocated to No. 6 Group, Royal Canadian Air Force during the war.
At the end of the war the station was involved with transporting passengers and freight back to the UK. After which it became a fighter command station until it was closed for maintenance in 1957.
In 1985, engineering and supply services were contracted out to private firms. The contract for this is currently held by VT Aerospace.
Today, Linton-on-Ouse is used to provide fast jet pilot training before they move onto the BAE Hawk T.1 aircraft at No 4 FTS, RAF Valley in Wales. Weapon Systems Operators receive part of their training here also. In addition, the base is used by 642 VGS (Volunteer Gliding Squadron) to teach Air Cadets how to fly the Grob Vigilant aircraft. The station houses a memorial room which recounts the history of the base and the units which have been associated with it. 
RAF Church Fenton was opened in 1937 and served as a fighter base during the Second World War. Since 1973 the main role of Church Fenton has been pilot training and from 1998–2003 the station was the RAF's primary Elementary Flying Training centre.
The base is currently home to the Yorkshire Universities Air Squadron. Although parts of the airfield are now derelict and fenced off, the airside parts of the base are still active. The base has an active runway, used primarily for light aircraft, and a manned Air Traffic Control tower.
RAF Topcliffe was opened in 1940 as a bomber station under the control of RAF Bomber Command. In recent years the base has been primarily used for pilot training. It has been used by parachute display teams. The base is currently used by 645 Volunteer Gliding Squadron to training members of the Air Training Corps to fly self-launching gliders.
RAF Dishforth opened in 1936 as a bomber airfield. After the war it began work as a training airfield and was used to convert pilots to the Douglas Dakota transport aircraft. The base is currently used as an Army Air Corps helicopter base and as a relief landing ground for Linton on Ouse.
The basic fast-jet training squadrons based at RAF Linton-on-Ouse are 207 Squadron and 72 Squadron. 76 Squadron was re-formed on 1 April 2007 subsuming the Tucano Air Navigation School. All squadrons are Reserve squadrons and are designated as 72(R), 76(R) and 207(R) accordingly. All squadrons operate the Tucano and include both RAF and RN Fleet Air Arm personnel. Also flying at Linton is No 642 Volunteer Gliding Squadron, part of the Air Cadet Organisation.
In early November 2008 Wing Commander Paul Gerrard, who is based at the station, was involved in an unusual mid-air rescue. Sixty-five-year-old Jim O'Neill was flying a two-seat Cessna aircraft from Scotland to Essex after a family holiday, when he had a stroke which caused temporary blindness. Gerrard was on a training flight, and after being alerted to the sistuation, located O'Neill's aircraft and over a 45 minute period, guided O'Neill to a safe landing at Linton.