From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rajampet or Rajampeta is a town located in Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh State in India. It was recently upgraded to a municipality. Rajampet is an average-size town with a population of more than 100,000.
Rajampet is well known for its relation with the Gulf country Kuwait. A lot of people from Rajampet area are working in Kuwait and earning money for their own people back in India. Rajampet is one of the Hot Hub Places in Kadapa District. It is owing a lot of history back to it. The major things are: 1. Member Of Parliament 2. Member of Legislative Assembly 3. Sub Collector Office 4. Tallapaka Annamacharya Temple 5. Famous Arya Vysa Temple.
Rajampet is a place where we can find more pilgrim places like 'Bhuvana giri Narasimha Swamy' Temple, which is constructed 100 years ago. Hatyarala (Attirala) which is Lord Shiva place visiting locations Lake (thats never dry). Story tells that Parasuram had taken bath in this lake to get rid of sin, vishu 3rd padam. Tallapaka (which is Annamacharya birthplace). In this Tallapaka Ashoka 3rd charka is there, which was done by the emperer King Ashoka.
The famous Arya Vysya temple Lord 'Sree Kanyaka Parameswari' which is in Lotus Shape was constructed 100 years ago.
The famous poet Annamacharya, who wrote 10,000 songs on Lord Venkateswara, was born in Tallapaka, a village just 4km from rajampeta. In the Year, 1998 it got an engineering college by name Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Rajampet. Rajampeta is one of the major town in Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh.
In 2009, Rajampet town got second engineering college by name Narayanadri Engineering College situated on Vathalur Road.
Rajampet is one among the two revenue Divisions in Cuddapah. Rajampet is well known for its relation with the Gulf countries, lot of people from here are working in Kuwait.
Rajampet always gives host for pilgrims. They have all the facility like Boarding and Lodging and Hospitals. They can find the famous Hotel 'Annapurna Hotel' which is beside the Syndicate Bank, which offers (Idli, Vada, Puri, Dosa, Pongal & Lunch) pure vegetarian since 1989 onwards.
Rajampet is one of the biggest towns in Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Lot of developmental work have been carried out under his able leadership and is still being continued. Hope India generates more honest leaders like Mr. Saipratap. Hatyarala (Attirala) temple is located at a distance of 3-5 km from Rajampet.
Rajampeta is located at 14°11′00″N 79°10′00″E / 14.1833°N 79.1666°E. It has an average elevation of 456 meters.
Rajampet is one among the two revenue Divisions in Cuddapah.
Rajampet is one of the biggest towns in Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh, India.
This is an MP constituency as well as MLA constituency. A. Saipratap is representing as MP from Indian National Congress and (A. Amarnath Reddy) is representing as MLA from Indian National Congress. It has a 600-year background. Mannur, Talapaka and Pottapi villages are old and pilgrim places.
Within the radius of 15 km, so many historical places exists. Some of them were built in the 13th century. Around 10% people usually go to Kuwait to earn money. Annamacharaya University is located 5 km from the main town.
- Rajampet hosted mega event 31st Junior National Volley Ball Championship on Feb 8th 2005. Mr Pola Srinivas Reddy being the President of Rajampet Volley Ball Association was the Organizing Secretary Of the event said that" rajampet is the only place in Rayalseema that hosted such mega event ". The Speaker of A.P. Legislative Assembly, K.R. Suresh Reddy, inaugurated the championship.
- The major crops around Rajampet are Lemon, Banana and Mangoes. The surrounding places like Chakrampet, Rajupalem, Kakarlavari palle, Besthapalli, Penagalur, Velagachrla, Nallapureddy Palli are the main hubs for Lemon. Places like Kondur, Nayuduvari palli, Rly Kodur, Chakrampet are the main hubs for Mangoes.
Panchayat at a glance
- First Sarpanch was Ambati Ramaswamy, Second Sarpanch was Yerra Chengal Reddy and Last sarpanch was Pola Sirisha Latha.
- Pola Venkat Reddy served as Samiti President, twice as Sarpanch and finally as Vice-Sarpanch.
- He upon the request of YSR changed the Panchayat to municipality. As it municipality was reserved to BC women his son Pola Srinvas Reddy became First Municipal Vice-Chairman of Rajampet. As such the Panchayta was under POLA Family Rule for more than two decades From Yerra Chengal Reddy to Pola srinivasul Reddy Present. There were in Power for a long time only Because of Honesty. As such many developments under their terms include Water Pipe line from Hatyarala, etc.
- Akepati Chengal Reddy served twice as MLC, once Sarpanch and was also TTD Chairman. Under his term development of Talapaka first started. During his term Famous actor Somayajulu came to Talapaka and attended Anamaya jayanthi Function. His son Dr. Prasada Reddy, Professor from Lund University, Sweden wrote book " The Globalization of Corporate R & D: Implications for Innovation Capability in Developing Host Countries (Routledge Studies in International Business and World Economy".
- Mr Prasad Reddy, Delivering a Foundation Day lecture on “Economics of innovation management in biotechnology” at Sir C.V. Raman Science Centre in Yogi Vemana University, Prof. Prasad Reddy said major nations like Brazil, Russia, India and China were simultaneously progressing rapidly unlike in the past. India's Gross Domestic Product could reach 50 per cent of the GDP of 16 rich nations by 2050, he hoped. http://www.hinduonnet.com/2010/03/10/stories/2010031051760200.htm
How to reach
- Rajampeta is well connected through road, rail and airways.
- From Hyderabad you can reach Rajampeta within 10 hrs.
- The nearest airport is Renigunta, which is 80 km away.
It has a computerised railway station; tickets can be booked to anywhere in India.
Rajampet is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
Current Municipal councillors
- Name Party
- Saleemabee Syed CPI
- Pabbisetty Subramanyam TDP
- Sree Vani Mallela INC
- Saraswathi Chennuru TDP
- Jenugu Nagamma -- INC
- Ramesh Chinnapothula -- TDP
- Subbarayudu Mallela --INC
- Ramachandraiah Achari Marripalli -- INC
- Manubolu Venkateswarlu -- TDP
- Venkata Subbamma Kundla -- INC
- Chandrakala Dandu -- INC
- Rajamma Reddimasi -- INC
- Chandra Mouli Guggila -- TDP
- Sunanda Billa -- INC
- Srinivasula Reddy Pola -- INC
- C. Sudhakar -- TDP
- Gangaiah Matha -- INC
- Mummadi Chinnaiah -- TDP
- Subbarami Reddy Kataru -- INC
- AjayKumar Reddy -- INC
- S.S. Panth -- INC Co-opted Member
- S. Jeelani -- INC Co-opted Member
- S. Karimunnisa -- INC Co-opted Member
- Red Wood Jungle Safari: at Thummalabailu forest.
- The first echo-tourist centre in Cuddapah District in dense Thummalabailu forests of Seshachalam range forests.
- 20 km from Rajampet in dense Red Sander Forest established by the Forest Department.
- 30 km jungle safari in specially provided vehicles of the Forest Department.
- Rare chance of watching the thick forest from elevated watch towers.
- Boating and children park facilities.
- Treetop houses and facility to observe wild life from vicinity.
- Exhibition-cum-sale of red sander toys of Settigunta Lakshmigaripalle.
- Further details from Forest Range Office Phone Nos. 9502510560 and 94408 10298
penubadi penchal reddy pondalur