The St. Marks River is a river in the Big Bend region of Florida.
The St. Marks River begins at the south end of Lake Miccosukee in northwestern Jefferson County, Florida and flows 35 miles (56 km) through Leon and Wakulla counties into Apalachee Bay, an arm of the Gulf of Mexico. It has a drainage basin of 535 square miles (1,390 km2) in size. It has one significant tributary, the Wakulla River.
A few miles south of its source the St. Marks passes under a natural bridge and then disappears underground to become a subterranean river for about one-half mile. The river emerges to pass over a stretch of rocks, forming rapids.
The incorporated town of St. Marks is located at the juncture of the Wakulla and St. Marks Rivers. To the north is the community of Newport. Between St. Marks and Newport is a small industrial area serviced by barge.
|Leon CR 1540||Capitola|
|US 27||Chaires Crossroads|
|Leon CR 259||Cody|
|Leon CR 2192||Natural Bridge Battlefield State Park|
|George Nesmith Bridge||US 98||Newport|