From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sunny Leone (born Karen Malhotra on May 13, 1981) is an Indo-Canadian pornographic actress, businesswoman and model. She was 2003 Penthouse Pet of the Year and has played roles in independent mainstream films and television shows.
Leone was born Karen Malhotra in Sarnia, Ontario to Punjabi Sikh parents from India. Her father was born in Tibet and raised in Delhi, while her mother (who died in 2008) was from a small town named Nahan in Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh. As a young girl, she was very athletic and played street hockey with the boys, enjoyed ice skating on a nearby frozen lake and drinking hot chocolate in front of a fire after playing in the snow all day.
Her parents enrolled her in a Catholic School, where she had her first kiss at 11, lost her virginity to a basketball player at another school at 16, and found out she was bisexual at 18. When she was 15, her family received their green card and migrated to the United States. They first moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, then to Lake Forest, California, then settled in Orange County, California, fulfilling her grandparents' dream that the family be together in one place. She graduated from high school in 1999 and enrolled in college.
Before working in the porn industry, she first worked at a German bakery, a Jiffy Lube, and later a tax and retirement firm.
While studying to be a pediatric nurse in Orange County, a classmate who was an exotic dancer introduced Leone to John Stevens, an agent who in turn introduced her to Jay Allen, a photographer for Penthouse magazine. When picking a name for her adult career, she has said that Sunny is her real name and Leone was picked by Bob Guccione, former owner of Penthouse magazine. She posed for Penthouse magazine, and was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for the March 2001 issue, followed by a feature in the Holiday 2001 edition of Hustler magazine as a Hustler Honey. She has appeared in other magazines including Cheri, Mystique Magazine, High Society, Swank, AVN Online, Leg World, Club International and Lowrider, while her online credits include ModFX Models, Suze Randall, Ken Marcus and Mac & Bumble. Her pictorial credits also include working stars like Adriana Sage, Jenna Jameson, Jelena Jensen and Aria Giovanni.
In 2003, she was declared the Penthouse Pet of the Year and also starred in the video Penthouse Pets in Paradise alongside Tera Patrick and Kyla Cole. In addition to her print work, she had also done pantyhose modeling with Ed Fox and Playtime Videos as well as bondage videos for FM Concepts. In 2005 Adam & Eve appointed her as their West Coast Internet Sales Representative.
That same year, Leone signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment with which she transitioned into the world of hardcore pornography, stating that she would only do lesbian scenes. Her first movie released was titled Sunny and was released in December 2005. Her next movie, Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone, was the first interactive title for Leone, who was the first Vivid Girl to make such a movie. Taking only four days to film, the movie won her her first AVN award (Best Interactive DVD). She followed this with Sunny Loves Cher, which featured her first on-screen squirting,and The Female Gardner co-starring Mikayla Mendez and Daisy Marie.
Leone's last two movies under her contract with Vivid were It's Sunny in Brazil, which was filmed in Brazil. and The Sunny Experiment also starring Monique Alexander and Brea Lynn. The movies were released in October and December 2007 respectively.
In May 2007, upon re-signing her contract with Vivid for another six films, Leone agreed to perform for the first time with men on camera, but exclusively with her fiancé, Matt Erikson. That summer she also received breast augmentation, and shot her first movie under the new contract titled Sunny Loves Matt. The movie led to her to be nominated for three (out of six) AVN awards in 2009 in addition to being a choice for Female Performer of the Year. She followed up her first boy-girl title with The Other Side of Sunny in October 2008, which would be the last time she would perform with Erikson.
In January 2008, Leone revealed that she was no longer exclusive to Erikson, and had done scenes with other actors, most notably Tommy Gunn, Charles Dera, James Deen and Voodoo. In August of that same year, she announced the launch of her own studio, Sunlust Pictures, with Daniel Weber as her partner. With her new venture Leone plans to write, direct and create her own brand of adult movies with Vivid Entertainment as her distributor. Her first independent production, The Dark Side of the Sun, was released in March 2009, and was debuted at the Erotic Heritage Museum in Las Vegas. In June 2009, she held a casting call in Las Vegas for her second independent production titled Sunny Slumber Party (released September 2009).
No longer exclusive to Vivid, Sunny has started working with other studios and performers since 2009. She has starred in the Cherry Boxx production of Sunny Leone's Watch Me (released April 2009), Triangle Films Intimate Invitations 12, Naughty America studio Naughty America 4 Her 6 (released 31 December 2009). Vivid's Undress Me (released June 2009) and Vivid Red (released August 2009), Sunny's Big Adventure (released December 2009). She has also signed on for skinworXXX's upcoming titles Deviance, starring Eva Angelina and Teagan Presley (released September 2009); and in Sun Goddess: Jamaica, featuring Jenna Haze, Bree Olson and Sasha Grey. She has two titles under Vivid which have yet to be released namely Sunny Extreme and Sunny's Dream.
Leone has also built a sizable online presence with her official website, sunnyleone.com, along with affiliate sites sunnysmoney.com and sunnysfriends.com. She has managed to leverage her online popularity by striking deals with firms like PPPcard, AdultPokerParty.com, Brickhouse, Flirt4Free, Totemcash and Imlive to sell and distribute her content over the internet and other media.She most recently updated her website in 2009 to include high definition audio and video, new hardcore material; and news updates to work in conjunction with her Twitter and Facebook pages. For her online efforts, she won the "Web Babe of the Year" at the 2008 Xbiz Awards. Her websites and business interests are run under her banner company Leone L.L.C.
In addition to her film career, Leone has been part of the Vivid Comedy Tour, and has modeled for the Vivid Footwear collection. Leone has also participated in events like the Vivid/Club Jenna Lingerie Bowl and Vivid's Hot Rod Night. Doc Johnson launched a pocket pal in 2006 molded to her vagina, and in 2008 released the Sunny Leone Exciter vibrator. Control MFG currently uses Leone's image along with other Vivid girls to market their line of skateboards. She is paired with Gab Ekoe, one of the Team Control riders. She also indicated that she plans to launch her own line of lingerie and other Sunny-branded products including a diamond jewelry line.
In September 2009, an iPhone application consisting of a collection of non-nude photos, some videos and a porn star-penned blog was approved by Apple for sale in the iTunes store, making it the first officially sanctioned application featuring a porn star.
Leone was voted #13 (up from #41 in 2007) on Genesis magazine's "Top 100 Porn stars" list, #34 on Desiclubs.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004, and one of the "40 under 40" ranking on AVN Online Magazine.
Leone's first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she was a red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India. She has also had a cameo in the film The Girl Next Door, performed in Ja Rule's video "Livin It Up" and a video for Kidd Skilly. Other credits include E!'s "Wild On!" and the Sundance Film Festival's 'After Dark.'
In addition to filming her scene for Debbie Does Dallas in 2007, Leone was also part of a Showtime documentary of the same name detailing the production of the movie and the personal lives of its stars.
She has had three appearances on The Howard Stern show, most recently in 2008, where she appeared alongside Joanna Angel, and rode a sybian.
Leone has a strong interest in health and fitness, and has been featured in several mainstream fitness publications. Leone has modeled fitness clothing for the sports brand Fantasy Fitness and shared that she keeps her body in shape by working out as much as she can despite her busy schedule and as quoted in Men's Fitness magazine, "I try to eat very healthy – lots of vegetables, drinking my milk every day."
In 2008, Leone announced that she would be starring in a mainstream action adventure movie titled Pirates Blood, which was shot in Oman. The shooting was completed in two weeks and was to be released in winter 2008. Leone also landed a role in Middle Men, producer Chris Mallick's indie feature about the birth of the online porn industry set for wide theatrical release in 2009.
In 2004, she was part of "No More Bush Girls", in which she and several other popular adult actresses shaved off their pubic hair in protest of the Bush presidency. In May 2008, she shot a promotional video for Declare Yourself, a nonprofit, nonpartisan voter registration campaign targeting 18-to-29-year-olds. She indicated that Barack Obama would be her choice in the 2008 U.S. election, primarily because she felt he was more business friendly to the adult industry than his opponent John McCain. She also released a public service announcement on behalf of the ASACP, reminding adult webmasters to protect their sites from children by having an RTA label on it.
Leone has made appearances at events such as the 2002 SEMA International Auto Salon, the 2002 Extreme Autofest Pomona and the 2006 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Sunny has also been the hostess at events in clubs like the Mansion in Miami and the Highlands in Hollywood.
In 2005, she was mentioned in Forbes magazine for a story on Vivid Entertainment. Leone has also been featured in mainstream publications like FHM, Front and Jane magazine.
Leone was a contestant in the second season of the Fox reality show My Bare Lady 2: Open For Business, in which a group of adult actresses were given classes and training on how to pitch investment ideas and competed for success in the business world.
In 2007, along with the other Vivid Girls, she was seen in a 48' high holiday Billboard in Times Square at W. 48th Street and Seventh Avenue. Leone is also one of the Penthouse Pets who appears in the Play Station Portable game Pocket Pool.
She was also featured in a coffee table book titled Naked Ambition: An R-rated Look at an X-rated Industry by Micheal Grecco.
She has mentioned that she will be appearing in an upcoming Will Ferrell movie scheduled to be released in 2010.
She has indicated that for the right price she would seriously consider a career in Bollywood. She has been courted by Indian directors in the past but has felt uncomfortable with the roles that she would have played. Director Mohit Suri is rumored to have asked Leone to play the lead role in his movie Kalyug, but instead cast Deepal Shaw as he could not afford her $1 million acting fee. She has mentioned that Aamir Khan is her favorite Bollywood Actor, and that over 60% of her fans are from South Asia.
In June 2006, Leone became an American citizen, but has plans to be a dual citizen of Canada. Although bisexual, she has stated that she prefers men. In her spare time she enjoys abstract paintings, horse riding, reading, playing World of Warcraft, watching The Simpsons and The Discovery Channel. She used to play on a women's soccer league team in California. Her favorite holiday destination is Hawaii, and her favorite cuisine is Italian.
In separate interviews, she has stated that in ten years' time she would like to be married and have started a family, and probably retire from the industry by the time she is 30. Leone was engaged to Matt Erikson, a vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises. She currently resides in Hollywood, California with her cat and drives an Audi A5.
A 2008 Eye Weekly article reported that "Leone does her best to maintain a link to Sikh traditions, even if more in theory than in practice. But she's unlikely to disavow her career path due to religion." and that Leone said "Girls will leave the industry claiming that they found God. Well, the fact is, God has always been with them the entire time."
- ^ a b c Marc Weisblott (2008-07-04). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. http://www.eyeweekly.com/blog/post/32910. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Sunny Leone Becomes Vivid Girl". AVN. 2007-06-20. http://business.avn.com/articles/20958.html. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- ^ a b freeones (2007-08-06). "Exclusive Interview with Sunny Leone". freeones. http://blog.freeones.com/2007/08/06/exclusive-interview-with-sunny-leone/. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- ^ Sunny Leone at the Adult Film Database
- ^ "Personal Biography - Sunny Leone". IAFD.com. http://www.iafd.com/person.rme/perfid=SunnyLeone/gender=f. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- ^ a b c Weisblott, Marc (2009-07-04). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. http://www.eyeweekly.com/scrollingeye/article/32910. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- ^ Joanne Cachapero (2008-07-30). "SunnyLeone.com Relaunches With Party This Weekend". AVN. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=96058&mi=all&q=sunny+leone. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- ^ "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. 2008-07-04. http://www.eyeweekly.com/scrollingeye/article/32910. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- ^ a b c Luke Ford. "Interview". lukeisback.com. http://www.lukeisback.com/stars/stars/sunny_leone.htm. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- ^ Rabbits Review (2005-12-15). "Rabbits Porn Blog: Sunny Leone Interview". Rabbits Review. http://www.rabbitsreviews.com/blog/porn/sunny_leone_interview.html. Retrieved 2005-12-15.
- ^ a b c d e Ambush Interviewl (2006-10-08). "Ambush Interview #97". Ambush Interview. http://www.ambushinterview.com/97/interview97.html. Retrieved 2006-10-08.
- ^ Men's Fitness (2007-02-01). "Meet The Girl: Sunny Leone". Men's Fitness. http://www.mensfitness.com/advice/hot_women/57. Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- ^ a b c d Big D (2006-07-06). "Inside Sunny Leone". XRentDVD. http://www.xrentdvd.com/Porn_Star_Interviews/Sunny_Leone.html. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- ^ a b Adult Film Database (2006-06-11). "Adultfilmdatabase Interviews: Sunny Leone Interview - 11/06/2006". AFDB. http://www.adultfilmdatabase.com/Interviews/2.cfm. Retrieved 2006-06-11.
- ^ Eddie Adams (2007-08-28). "Sunny Leone Featured in Cheri". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/4678.html. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- ^ Mystique Magazine. "Sunny Leone Jpg Pic Image & Video Gallery". Mystique Magazine. http://www.mystique-magazine.com/bio/Sunny-Leone.html. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- ^ Saul Vargas (2003-06-01). "Lowrider Model - Sunny Leone - June 2003 enter fold". Lowrider Magazine. http://www.lowridermagazine.com/models/0306_sunny_leone_lowrider_girl/index.html. Retrieved 2003-06-01.
- ^ Reinaldo Robinson (2003-11-01). "Lowrider Model - Sunny Leone - November 2003 Center Fold". Lowrider Magazine. http://www.lowridermagazine.com/models/0311_sunny_leone_lowrider_girl/index.html. Retrieved 2003-11-01.
- ^ modfxmodels.com (2003-06-29). "SUNNY LEONE MODFX COVER MODEL - JULY 2003". modfxmodels.com. http://www.modfxmodels.com/FeaturedModels/fm-SunnyLeone.html. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- ^ suze.net. "Sunny Leone Free Nude Pics:: Official Nude Gallery of Sunny Leone". suze.net. http://free.suze.net/modelbios/sunnyleone/index.html. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- ^ ken marcus. "Sunny Leone Free Fetish Pics". kenmarcus.com. http://www.kenmarcus.com/promos/sunny_leone/index.html. Retrieved 2000-08-07.
- ^ macandbumble.com. "SMacandBumble.com - Sunny Leone, News, Photos...". macandbumble.com. http://www.macandbumble.com/models_list/sunny_leone/. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- ^ Chip Baker (2005-02-24). "Sunny Leone Joins Adam & Eve Sales Team". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/19818.html. Retrieved 2005-02-24.
- ^ Dan Millar (2005-11-01). "Vivid to Ship Sunny". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/23939.html. Retrieved 2007-07-03.
- ^ AVN (2006-04-05). "Sunny Leone is the First Virtual Vivid Girl". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/20792.html. Retrieved 2006-04-05.
- ^ AVN (2008-02-20). "Vivid Releases It's Sunny in Brazil". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/2779.html. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- ^ Eddie Adams (2007-12-19). "Sunny Leone Performs The Sunny Experiment". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/28879.html. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- ^ David Sullivan (2007-05-13). "Sunny Leone Renews Vivid Contract, Will Perform with Men". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/4035.html. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- ^ Jared Rutter (2007-08-31). "On the Set: Sunny Loves Matt". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/5093.html. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- ^ AVN (2008-11-25). "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVN. http://www.avnawards.com/pdf/2009_AVN_NOMINATIONS_11_25_08.pdf. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- ^ a b c Steve Javors (2008-08-22). "Sunny Leone Forms Her Own Studio, SunLust Pictures". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=97782. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- ^ Par Gérome Lorenzo (2008-06-26). "Sunny Leone". Hot Video. http://www.hotvideo.fr/component/option,com_hotreport/Itemid,92/prog_video,2008_06_26/. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- ^ Joanne Cachapero (2007-09-11). "Sunny Leone Launches SunLust Pictures With N.Y. Bash". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=98989&mi=all&q=sunny+leone. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- ^ David Sullivan (02/06/2009). "Sunny Leone Shows Her 'Dark Side' in Sin City". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/34405.html. Retrieved 02/06/2009.
- ^ XBIZ (2009-02-06). "Katie.com, Sun Lust Pictures to Hold Casting in Las Vegas". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=108823. Retrieved 03/06/2009.
- ^ AVN (2009-02-27). "Cherry Boxxx Pictures Wraps 'Watch Me 2' with Sunny Leone". AVN. http://business.avn.com/company-news/31123.html. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- ^ Tod Hunter (2009-05-08). "XFANZ TV Talks Sex With Sunny Leone, Justine Joli". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/107991. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- ^ AVN (2009-03-24). "Hanna Hilton, Sunny Leone Land 'Club' Covers". AVN. http://business.avn.com/company-news/31391.html. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- ^ Jared Rutter (2008-06-15). "Tera Patrick Directs the Vivid Girls in 'Vivid Red'". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/30242.html. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- ^ Steve Javors (2009-02-13). "The Search for Sun Goddess XXX Contest Launches at XBIZ Awards". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=104740. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- ^ Jonah P Davies (2006-04-24). "Sunny Leone Signs with PPPcard". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/26324.html. Retrieved 2006-04-24.
- ^ "AdultPokerParty.com Teams with Sunny Leone". AVN. 2006-06-22. http://business.avn.com/articles/27310.html. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- ^ Sue Denim (2007-04-19). "Sunny Leone, Brickhouse Mobile Partner". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/428.html. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- ^ "Flirt4Free Presents Sunny Leone and Stefani Morgan Live". AVN. 2006-09-05. http://business.avn.com/articles/28364.html. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- ^ Stephen Yagielowicz (2008-07-30). "Flash Ads Boost TotemCash Sales". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=97224&mi=all&q=sunny+leone. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- ^ Bianca Fox (2007-07-17). "ImLive Signs Celebrity Porn Star Guests". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/5747.html. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- ^ xbiz (2008-01-01). "XBIZ Awards - Recognizing Excellence in Adult Entertainment". XBIZ. http://www.xbizawards.com/winners.php. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- ^ Thomas J Stanton (2006-06-21). "Vivid to Present Comedy Night Next Wednesday". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/27264.html. Retrieved 2006-06-21.
- ^ Peter Warren (2008-02-20). "Vivid Steps Into Footwear". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/1145.html. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- ^ Thomas J Stanton (2006-01-25). "Vivid/Club Jenna Bowl to Feature Coquette Lingerie Show". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/24961.html. Retrieved 2006-01-25.
- ^ AVN (2006-04-04). "Bike & Hot Rod Night". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/21349.html. Retrieved 2006-04-04.
- ^ Vance Kingsley (2006-12-14). "Doc Johnson, Vivid Launch Sunny Leone and Lacie Heart Pocket Pals". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/6689.html. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- ^ Bianca Fox (2008-09-17). "Doc Johnson Unveils Briana Banks and Sunny Leone Vivid Girl Toys". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/32351.html. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- ^ XBIZ (2008-10-14). "Vivid Inks Deal to Introduce Branded Skateboards". XBIZ. http://www.xbiz.com/news/news_piece.php?id=100488&mi=all&q=sunny+leone. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- ^ JR Raphael (2009-09-23). "Porn Stars Invade the App Store". www.infoworld.com. http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/porn-stars-invade-app-store-054. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- ^ Grindhouse Mobile (2009-09-16). "Apple Approves First Official Porn Star APP for iPhone". Press release. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-approves-first-official-porn-star-app-for-iphone-2009-09-16. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- ^ Genesis Magazine (2007-01-01). "Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. http://www.genesismagazine.com/hot100/. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- ^ Genesis Magazine (2008-03-11). "2008 Porn’s Hot 100". Genesis. http://www.genesisonline.com/hot100/. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- ^ Peta Cooper (2004-08-22). "DesiClub.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004". desiclub.com. http://www.desiclub.com/community/culture/culture_article.cfm?id=200. Retrieved 2004-08-22.
- ^ AVN (2007-07-01). "AVN Online 40 under 40". AVN. http://www.nxtbook.com/syg/AVNONLINE/August2007/index.php?startpage=1. Retrieved 2007-01-07.
- ^ Meghana Keshavan (2007-08-22). "Bollywood nights". Metro Times. http://metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=11424. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- ^ AVN (2005-01-01). "Sunny Leone Profile". AVN. http://www.avn.com/porn-stars/57805.html. Retrieved 2005-01-01.
- ^ Michael Dempster & Jason Kaplan (2008-01-23). "Sunny disses booey". Howard Stern Show. http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1201064400. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- ^ Fantasy Fitness (2009-08-01). "Sunny Leone models with Fantasy Fitness". FantasyFitness.com. http://www.fantasyfitness.com/models/sunny-leone.php. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- ^ Men's Fitness (2009-08-01). "Adult star Sunny Leone loves playing the field". Men's Fitness. http://www.mensfitness.com/advice/hot_women/57. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- ^ Peter Warren (2008-04-02). "Sunny Leone to Appear in Bollywood Film". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/8327.html. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- ^ Jayashree Cine International. "Jayashree Cine International - Services". Gulab Premkumar. http://gulabpremkumar.com/services. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- ^ David Sullivan. "Sunny Leone, Jesse Jane Cast in Mallick's 'Middle Men'". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/33225.html. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- ^ Wireless Flash News (2004-10-15). "Porn Stars Shave To Support 'No More Bush' Campaign". Wireless Flash News. http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2004-10-15/1010837.html. Retrieved 2004-10-15.
- ^ David Sullivan (2008-05-27). "Sunny Leone Urges Youth to Vote in Online PSA". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/30415.html. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- ^ knobbz (2008-09-13). "Metallungies Hollers @ Savanna Samson and Sunny Leone, Interview". metallungies.com. http://metallungies.com/2008/09/metallungies-hollers-savanna-samson-and-sunny-leone-interview/. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- ^ AVN Staff (01/07/2009). "Sunny Leone RTA PSA to Debut at AVN Awards". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/33070.html. Retrieved 01/07/2009.
- ^ pokulator (2007-04-17). "2006 WSOP Updates". pokulator.com. http://www.pokulator.com/poker-info/2006_wsop_updates.html. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- ^ Laurie (2008-08-08). "Adult Superstar Sunny Leone". MiamiBeach411.com. http://www.miamibeach411.com/events-archive/index.php?/events/detail/adult-superstar-sunny-leone/. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- ^ AVN Staff (2008-10-28). "Sunny Leone to Host Club Jenna Halloween Party". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/33070.html. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- ^ Seth Lubove (2005-12-12). "Obscene Profits". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/business/forbes/2005/1212/098.html. Retrieved 2004-08-12.
- ^ Versatile Media Group Inc (2008-09-10). "Sunny Leone Launches Sunlust Pictures". ainews.com. http://ainews.com/Archives/Story13860.phtml. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- ^ David Sullivan (2008-10-07). "Fox Reality Channel Launches 'My Bare Lady 2". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/31210.html. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- ^ David Sullivan (2007-11-07). "Vivid Places Holiday Billboard In Times Square". AVN. http://business.avn.com/articles/681.html. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- ^ Ryan Rayzer (2008-01-25). "Sunny Leone's Naked Ambition". CW 11 Morning News. http://weblogs.cw11.com/news/local/morningnews/blogs/2008/01/sunny_leones_naked_ambition.html#more/. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- ^ Christina Radish (2009-10-20). "Exclusive Interview: Sunny Leone is Much More than Just a Pretty Face". www.iesb.net. http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7638:exclusive-interview-sunny-leone-is-much-more-than-just-a-pretty-face&catid=43:exclusive-features&Itemid=73. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- ^ Steami.net (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone talks about Bollywood, Sex And Indian Men". Steami.net. http://www.steami.net/girls/sunny-leone-talks-about-bollywood-sex-indian-fans/. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- ^ Royal Magazine (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone". Royal Magazine. http://www.royalmag.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- ^ Desipowerchat.com. "Kalyug the film Synopsis previews". Desipowerchat.com. http://www.desipowerchat.com/bollywood/a99_kalyugthefilm/kalyug_pictures_previews.htm. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- ^ Meghana Keshavan (2008-06-10). "Curry Bear Interviews - #1 Desi Porn Star Sunny Leone". Curry Bear.com. http://www.currybear.com/wordpress/?p=1713. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- ^ "Sunny Leone Photo Gallery & Bio". www.wrestlinginc.com. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/girls/2010/3/sunny-leone/. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- ^ a b Shaheryar Hafeez (Fall 2005). "Sex and Stardom: Inside the World of a Desi Adult Entertainer". Sapna magazine. http://www.sapnamagazine.com/fall05/articles/culture/fa-sunny.html. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- ^ Big D (2005-06-28). "PNN Interview Sunny Leone". Porn News Network. http://www.pornstarnewsnetwork.com/archives/2005/06/pnn_interviews_3.html. Retrieved 2005-06-28.
- ^ a b "Interview : Sunny Leone". asianclubguide.com. 2004-08-12. http://www.asianclubguide.com/articles/article.asp?id=754. Retrieved 2004-08-12.
- ^ Sonia M. Kandathil (2007-10-11). "Sunny Leone on life as a desi adult star". Toronto Star. http://www.thestar.com/DesiLife/article/265411/. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- ^ "AVN - 2010 AVN Awards Show - AVN Award Winners For 2010". Avnawards.avn.com. http://avnawards.avn.com/winners. Retrieved 2010-02-22.