From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tacurong City is a 4th class city in the province of Sultan Kudarat, Philippines. According to the 2007 census, it has a population of 82,546. Tacurong now has a total land area of 15,340 hectares, the smallest in land area among the 12 municipalities that compose the new province of Sultan Kudarat, created on Nov. 22, 1973 by Presidential Decree No. 341. Tacurong became a component city of Sultan Kudarat in 2000 by virtue of Republic Act 8805 in September 2000.
Tacurong was originally called "Pamansang". Afterwads, "Pamansang" was revised to "Talakudong", which means a head covering which worn by the locals' ancestors within that area. However, "Talakudong" was changed later to Tacurong. On the other hand, Tacurong was originated from the word "Talakudong".
Tacurong City is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
- E.J.C. Montilla
- New Isabela
- New Carmen
- New Lagao
- New Passi
- Rajah Muda
- San Antonio
- San Emmanuel
- San Pablo
- San Rafael
- Upper Katungal
Tacurong City has been served by 11 elected and appointed mayors from its creation in 1951 to the present who represented various sectors. These Mayors are the following:
- Ricardo Soriano - He was a first Mayor of Tacurong and his Occupation was a Farmer.
- Serafin Limbungan - He was a diligent farmer.
- Quirino Mercado - He was a lawyer.
- Jose Escribano - He was a Military man.
- Jose P. Barroquillo - He was a Medical Practitioner.
- Benjamin Eliseo - He was a contractor and a businessman.
- Fernando O. Bayquin - He was a government employee (DILG).
- Teodoro Subido - He was a dental practitioner.
- Angelo O. Montilla = He was a farm manager.
- Geronimo P. Arzagon - He was an Educator.
- Lino O. Montilla - He was an Electrical Engineer.
- Notre Dame of Tacurong College (University in 2020)
- Southern Mindanao Institute of Technology
- Sultan Kudarat Educational Institution
- Sultan Kudarat Polytechnic State University
- Centerpoint College of Arts and Sciences
- Quezon College in Southern Philippines
- Notre Dame of Siena-College of Tacurong
- Tacurong Pilot Elementary School
- New Isabela Central School
- Sultan Kudarat Institute of Science and Technology
- Notre Dame of Tacurong College for boys
- Southern Mindanao Institute of Technology
- St. John Learning Center Inc.
- Tacurong National High School
- Sultan KudaratState University
As of now, Tacurong has Twelve banking institutions serving the financial needs of the residents. The banks of Tacurong are as follows:
- Allied Bank
- BPI-Family Bank
- BDO - Tacurong
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)
- Land Bank
- Equitable PCI Bank
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Rural Bank of President Quirino
- One Network Bank
- Kimsan Plaza, located at Ledesma St., Corner Magsaysay Avenue. This store is in the heart of a city wherein people can go immediately because it is near at the Public Market of Tacurong City.
- Novo Jeans & Shirts
- Tacurong Family & Friends
- Shang-Shang Merchandise
- Big Bee
- Cafe Cabana
- Micro World
- Smart Click
- I tech
Hotels, inns and lodges
- Beldent Star Hotel
- Edjin Pension House
- Blue Verses Inn
- Sandig Medical Center
- Sultan Kudarat Doctors Hospital
- St. Louis Hospital
- Generics Pharmacy (Located at Fitmart Groundfloor)
- Karvin Pharmacy
- Mercury Drug
- Laforteza Pharmacy
- Rojon Pharmacy
- Rose Pharmacy
- Savannah Pharmacy
- Tacurong Pharmacy
Restaurants and Dining house
- Bidz Inasal (Located at National Highway, in front of SKDH)
- Bj's Lechon Manok
- Food Stuff (Lapu-Lapu Street)
- Fortune Place
- Goldy Foods
- Ihaw-Ihaw sa Exit
- Jims Place I (Ledesma Street)
- Jims Place II (Magsaysay Avenue)
- Mang Jose (Magsaysay Avenue)
- Weslu Grill (National Highway, going to isulan)
- Payag ni Igme (National Highway, going to Pres. Quirino)
- Nice BBQ branch 1 (National Highway, foing to Pres. Quirino)
- Barrio Cinco
- Nice BBQ
- Trisha's Burger
- Seans Foods and Snacks
- Radneys Batchoy
- Yes BBQ
- Santos Lechon Manok
- Kini Rogers
- Disyang Lechon Manok
- Arkowa Arts - the first finest printing in Sultan Kudarat.
- Campus Arts
Resorts and Natural and Man Made Tourist Spots
- 4js Resort - Located at Brgy. Katungal, Tacurong City.
- Baras Bird Sanctuary
Electric Cooperatives, Cable and Telephone System
- Sultan Kudarat Electric Cooperative
- Sultan Cable System Inc.
- Sultan Kudarat Telephone Sustem Inc.
Distances from its Neighboring Town
- Buluan - 13 Kilomaters
- Cotabato City - 96 Kilometers
- Davao City - 178 Kilometers
- General Santos City - 90 kilometers
- Isulan Sultan Kudarat - 13 Kilometers
- Koronadal City - 31 Kilometers
- Lambayong - 13 Kilometers
- Makilala (Mt. Apo) - 62 Kilometers
- President Quirino - 7 Kilometers
- Sultan sa Barongis - 24 Kilometers
- Tantangan - 17 Kilometers
Modes of Transportation
- Long Distance Ride
- Tacurong Express
- Yellow Bus Line
- Husky Bus
- Airconditioned Vans
Kierulf King D. Raboy is the grand champion of the 2nd season of Pop Star Kids, a kiddie singing contest on GMA 7. He studied at the Notre Dame of Tacurong.
Nuestra Señora dela Candelaria Parish