From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Tanwiruddin Ahmad Siddiqui
||Urdu and English
Tanwir Phool (born in 1948 in Muzaffarpur) is a noted
Pakistani author and poet,
writing in Urdu and English.
He received his education in Karachi. He obtained 11th Position in Matriculation
(Secondary education) and 8th Position in Intermediate (Higher
secondary education) in the examinations of Karachi Board. He
studied in D. J. Science College and Urdu College. He graduated in
First Class in 1971 from the University of Karachi. In 1973 he
obtained Master Degree (M.A.) in Islamic History from Karachi
University. He remained attached to State Bank of Pakistan (the
central bank) from 1970 to 1997 and obtained premature retirement
in the capacity of Officer Class 1. He also qualified DAIBP from
the Institute of Bankers in Pakistan.
- Presidential Award for the Best National Poetry Book of 2005
from the Ministry of Education,Government of Pakistan.
- National Book Foundation Awards for 3 years(from 2001 to 2003)
from the Government of Pakistan
- Government of Sindh Award for Rs.100,000 granted in 2005 for
great contribution to children's literature.
- Awards from International Library of Poetry(U.S.A.),One Poetry
Plaza,Owing Mills,MD 21117.
- Golden Jubilee Award from Hira Foundation,Pakistan,P.O.Box
No.7272,Karachi(Pakistan)for children's literature.
- Honorary Group Insurance Policy No.S-74 provided in 1999 by the
Academy of Letters,Government of Pakistan.
- Commendation Certificate for great contribution to literature
& poetry from Faran Writers Guild,Pakistan.
- On poetic translation of Holy Qur'aan, title of
"Qamar-ush-Shu'araa"(Moon among the poets)awarded by Shu'oor
- Title of "Aftab-e-Sipahr-e-Sukhan"(Sun of the Sky of
Poetry)awarded by the Head of the Departments of Urdu,Arabic &
Madras & Bihar Universities(India).
- Gulshan-e-Sukhan (The Garden of Poetry) published in
- Khushbu Bheeni Bheeni (The Mild Scent) published in
- Tanweer-e-Hira (Refulgence of Hira Cave) part 1,
published in March, 1994.
- Anwar-e-Hira (Brightness of Hira Cave) published in
- Rashk-e-Bagh-e-Iram (Envy of Paradise Garden)
published in August, 1997.
- Tanweer-e-Hira (Refulgence of Hira Cave) part 2,
published in January, 1999.
- Dhuwan Dhuwan Chehray (The Sooty Faces) published in
- Zaboor-e-Sukhan (The Psalms of Poetry) published in
- Qindeel-e-Hira (The Lamp of Hira Cave) published in
- Chirya, Titli, Phool (Sparrow, Butterfly, Flowers)
published in October, 2004.
- Naghmat-e-Pakistan (The Melodies of Pakistan)
published in August, 2005.
- Arham-ur-Rahimeen (The Greatest of All in
Mercifulness) published in November, 2005.
1)"Timeless Voices" page 1 published by the International
Library of Poetry,One Poetry Plaza,Owing Mills,MD 21117.
2)"The International Who is Who in Poetry" page 1,by Howard Ely,
published by the International Library of Poetry,MD 21117.
3) "Complete Urdu Encyclopedia"(Volume 3),pages 83 &
84,compiled by C.Smith Junior & Justice S.A,Rehman,published by
Sheikh Ghulam Ali & Sons Ltd.,Lahore(Pakistan).(
4)"Ahl-e-Qalam Directory", published in 2008 by Pakistan Academy
of Letters,Ministry of Education,Government of
Pakistan,Islamabad.(cf.page No.71 of
5)Daily "Kaleem", Sukkur(Pakistan) dated the 11th
6)Circular No.5206.HBA-7 dated the 31st May,2006 issued by
Ministry of Education,Government of Pakistan granting Presidential
7)Daily "Qaumi Akhbar"Karachi(Pakistan)dated the 20th
September,2005.(cf.S.No.22 of the link in the list of Urdu language
writers). Daily "Qaumi Akhbar",Member All Pakistan Newspapers
Society,14-Ramzan Mansion,Dr.Balimoria Street,I.I.Chundrigar
8)Daily "Jang",Karachi(Pakistan)dated the 20th September,
9)Daily"Daily News",Karachi(Pakistan) dated the 22nd July,2006.
10)Article by Professor Afaq Siddiqui published in daily
"Express", Karachi(Pakistan) dated the 19th August,2001.
11)"Sukhanwar" (Volume 5) ,pages 134 to 139 by Sultana Meher of
U.S.A.,published in CA.
12)"Poets of Pakistan" (Volume 2) by Syed Muhammad Qasim(pages
136 & 137),published by Hira Foundation,L-100,Sector
7-D-2,Gulshan-e-Farooque,North Karachi 75850(Pakistan).
13)Quarterly "Rang-e-Adab"(Naat Number),Rang-e-Adab
14)Quarterly "Rang-e-Adab"(Shumara No.8),address as at 13
- http://academy.gov.pk/directory.pdf See page 71
of Writers' Directory.
- Tanwir Phool-Selected Ghazals -- http://mushaira.org/rp.php?code=2024
- Tanwir Phool-Selected Haiku -- http://mushaira.org/rp.php?code=2026
- Tanwir Phool-Selected Rubaa'ee -- http://forum.urdujahaan.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1958
- Tanwir Phool-Selected Dohay -- http://forum.urdujahaan.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1963
- Listen to Tanwir Phool's poetry in his own voice -- http://mushaira.org/winners_0704.php