|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
• 58 m (190 ft)
Tindivanam is a town and a municipality in Villuppuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Important roads from north to south Tamil Nadu pass through Tindivanam and similarly from west to east.
It was initially known as 'Tindirivanam' where "Tindiri" means Tamarind in pure Tamil and "Vanam" means Jungle. So it was called the 'Jungle Of Tamarind' in the olden days. This name changed slowly to its present day name.
Tindivanam is located at . It has an average elevation of 58 metres (190 feet). It lies in the stretch of NH-45, about 123 km from Chennai, capital city of Tamil Nadu. Tindivanam is also located at the junction of roads going to Tiruchirapalli, Puducherry, Thiruvannamalai, Kanchipuram, Villuppuram, Marakkanam and Chennai.
As of 2001 India census, Tindivanam had a population of 67,826. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 50%. Tindivanam has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 81%, and female literacy is 70%. In Tindivanam, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
604001, 604002, 604003, 604004, 604005,
1. Groundnut (Has separate Kolmudal Nilayalam (Tamil)) & Oil seeds research station - affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. The Ground nut is locally called Malattai (the word comes from Manila-kottai. The kottai (nut) came from Manila, Philippines)
Nothing as significant in that place except for few good schools which produced so many good candidates who are across the globe just like any other small towns/cities. It is stratergically located as a junction connecting some big/small cities of Tamilnadu.
The following are the most popular religious places in Tindivanam:
1. Shiva Temple also called Periya Koil. The main deity is known as Thindrinishvarar [Eswaran in Tindirivanam]
2. Anjaneyar Temple near Rajankulam
3. Draupadi Amman Temple near Rajankulam
4. Jain Temple near Tindivanam market
5. Mailam Murugan Temple
6. Thiruvakkarai Vakkrakali Amman Temple
7. Mannar Swamy Kovil- Marakkanam Road
8. Vitlapuram Murugan Koil
The following are the most popular Educational Institutions in Tindivanam:
01. St. Ann’s Higher Secondary School, Tindivanam
02. St. Philomena's Higher Secondary School
03. Walter Scuder Higher Secondary School
04. National Higher Secondary School
05. Tagore Higher secondary school (CBSE).
06. St. Joseph's Matriculation Higher Secondary School
07. St. Mary's Matriculation Higher Secondary School
08. Montfort Matriculation Higher Secondary School
09. Francis Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Saram
The following are the most popular colleges in Tindivanam:
1. Thiru. A.Govindaswamy Government Arts College
2. Anna University College of Engineering Tindivanam (AUCET)
3. Agricultural University & Oilseeds Research Station - Pondy Road, Tindivanam
|Next station northbound:
|South Line, Chennai Suburban||Next station southbound:
|Stop number: 41||KM from starting: 125.48|
|These are the stations of South Line of Chennai Suburban Railway|
|Chennai Beach · Chennai Fort · Park Town · Chennai Egmore · Chetpet · Nungambakkam · Kodambakkam · Mambalam · Saidapet · Guindy · St. Thomas Mount · Palavanthangal · Meenambakkam · Tirusulam · Pallavaram · Chromepet · Tambaram Sanatorium · Tambaram · Perungalathur · Vandalur · Urapakkam · Guduvancheri · Potheri · Kattangulathur · Maraimalai Nagar · Singaperumal Koil · Paranur · Chengalpattu · Tirumani · Ottivakkam · Padalam · Karunguzhi · Madurantakam · Paakkam · Melmaruvathur · Acharapakkam · Tozhuppedu · Karasangal · Olakur · Panchalam · Tindivanam · Mailam · Perani · Vikravandi · Mundiyampakkam · Villupuram|