|Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church|
|U.S. National Register of Historic Places|
|Location:||1046 N. 9th St.
|Added to NRHP:||May 8, 1979|
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a church located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a designated State Historic Site. The building was also declared a Milwaukee Landmark in 1967.
Members of the Trinity Church established St. Stephen Lutheran Church in 1853, in order to serve parishioners south of the Menomonee River. These two churches, along with members of St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, helped to seed a number of other Lutheran churches in the area.
The building was designed by architect Frederick Velguth in German Romanesque/Gothic Revival style and built in 1878 using Cream City brick, a distinct light colored brick manufactured locally. It features a landmark 200 foot spire and sandstone details on the façade. Notable of the church's interior is the historic Schuelke organ in the rear gallery, containing some 1,600 pipes.
German architecture of this type is typical of the historic structures found in and around downtown Milwaukee, including parts of the neighboring Pabst Brewery complex.
Construction of a new church office building and conference center began in September 2005, after the old office was razed the previous year. This addition to the grounds is scheduled for completion by March 2006.