The station opened as one of the original Tōyoko Line stations on February 14, 1926, under the name Tsunashima-Onsen Station (綱島温泉駅 -eki). It was renamed on October 20, 1944, elevated in November 1963 and refurbished in 2001, with a new North entrance, see-through ticket gates at the main entrance, and new escalators and elevators.
The typical weekday hourly off-peak service is:
|1||■Tōkyū Tōyoko Line||Kikuna・Yokohama・(Minatomirai Line) Motomachi-Chukagai|
|2||■Tōkyū Tōyoko Line||Musashi-Kosugi・Jiyugaoka・Shibuya・(Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line) Kita-Senju|
|Tōkyu Tōyoko Line|
|Commuter Exp.: no stop|
|Limited Exp.: no stop|