|Name:||USNS Cumberland (T-AO-153)|
|Owner:||United States Navy|
|Operator:||Military Sealift Command|
|Launched:||9 May 1944|
|Class and type:||Suamico-class fleet oiler|
|Displacement:||5,782 tons(light) 21,880 tons (full)|
|Length:||523 ft 6 in (159.56 m)|
|Beam:||68 ft (21 m)|
|Draft:||30 ft (9.1 m)|
|Propulsion:||turbo-electric, single screw. 8,000hp|
Cumberland was later designated an underway replenishment oiler, with the designation (T-AO) in 1956 and assigned to the Military Sealift Command.
In 1966, Cumberland was converted by Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company to a floating electric power supply ship for use in Vietnam by the United States Army. Stationed at Qui Nhon, Vietnam her main machinery generated electricity which was transmitted, via power cables, ashore to sub-stations. Later she was moved to Cam Rahn Bay.
Cumberland was sold to Kaohsiung shipbreakers in February 1972.