|University of Nueva Caceres|
|Unibersidad kan Nueva Caceres|
|Motto||Non scholae sed vitae ("Not of school but of life")|
|President||Dr. Dolores Hernandez Sison|
|Location||Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines|
|Colors||Red and Gray|
University of Nueva Caceres (UNC), the first university in Southern Luzon (outside Metro Manila), is a private non-sectarian university run by a corporation in Naga City in Bicol Region, Philippines founded in 1948. It offers pre-school, elementary, highschool, undergraduate, and graduate programs.
In February 1948 Dr. Jaime Hernandez invited prominent Bicolanos to join him as incorporators. May 9, 1948 among those who signed the incorporation papers in were: Dr Jaime Hernandez, Atty. Jaime Reyes, Ambassador Jose Fuentebella, Atty. Edmundo Cea, Atty. Buenaventura Blancaflor, Atty. Juan F. Trivino, Atty. Antonio M. Sison, Dr. Manuel Abella and Dr. Domingo Abella. The Securities and Exchange Commission approved the incorporators on May 18, 1948.
Thus the school officially started its operation on July 1, 1948 as the Nueva Caceres Colleges. The initial courses offered by the college were Liberal Arts, Commerce, Education and High School with a total enrolment of 958.
In the ensuing years, additional courses were opened: Elementary (1949), Graduate School (1953), Law (1951), Engineering (1949), Nursing (defunct since 1955 until 2005), Secretarial (1955) and kindergarten (1993). The students of the newly opened Nueva Caceres Colleges in 1948 held their classes in the rented Flordeliza Building fronting the public kiosk (now Plaza Quezon) and the Governor Andres Hernandez residence along Burgos Street (now Grand Imperial Plaza).
In September 1951, the university administration headed by Dr. Jaime Hernandez took the first giant step since its foundation. It acquired the Rey property first across the old school site and transformed it from a marshland to its present site. By early 1952 almost half of the site was filled up and buildings began to rise. Most Rev. Pedro P. Santos blessed the new campus and the first two buildings, the original Dato hall and Alba Hall on July 11, 1952. Other buildings were soon built to address the needs of a growing student population. At present, under the leadership of University President, Dr. Dolores H. Sison, there is an on-going multi-million infrastructure program to further modernize the institution.
The success of a school can be always measured by the success of its alumni. The University is one of the very few schools outside Metro Manila whose graduates have not only hurdled various government examinations but have emerged as topnotchers in the bar and board examinations. Many of its alumni are now leaders in business, industry, education, politics, in the bar and bench and other fields. Many have chosen to contribute their share for the regions' progress and development. Many have likewise migrated to foreign lands and are doing just as well. Wherever these alumni are, they can always look back with pride at the University of Nueva Caceres, their Alma Mater.
The university probe once more its academic excellence when the result of the June 2007 Nursing Board Exam was released. The newly opened College got 60% passing rate (much higher than the required national passing rate) and get the second (2) spot as to the top performing school in the Bicol Region in the field of Nursing. The University produce 72 board passer and is currently the number one school in Naga City for Nursing (Base on PRC Result of the June 2007 Nursing board Exam.)