The Full Wiki

More info on Yaw damper

Yaw damper: Wikis


Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article! This article doesn't yet, but we're working on it! See more info or our list of citable articles.


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For railcar yaw damper, see Yaw damper (railroad)

A yaw damper is a device used on many aircraft (usually jets and turboprops) to damp (reduce) the rolling and yawing oscillations due to Dutch roll mode[1]. It involves yaw rate sensors and a processor that provides a signal to an actuator connected to the rudder. The use of the yaw damper helps to provide a better ride for passengers, and on some aircraft is a required piece of equipment to ensure that the aircraft stability remains within certification values.

The term is often mis-pronounced as a "yaw dampener".


  1. ^ Yaw Dampers Explained

See also



Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address